Author Topic: I made my first bong today NOW A DEBATE ON POT  (Read 17562 times)

i was talking about smoking in general
but if we're just talking about weed, snorting bad chemicals up your nose isnt great for you either
Hahaha oh wow.

There is no proof that marijuana is actually harmful.

Use it for medical reasons? Fine, do what you have to do and do it in your own home.

Use it recreationally and flaunt it around like a forgettard as if you are gaining some sort of respect? Get the forget off my planet.

Use it for medical reasons? Fine, do what you have to do and do it in your own home.

Use it recreationally and flaunt it around like a forgettard as if you are gaining some sort of respect? Get the forget off my planet.
This.

This reminds me of another story of two kids wanting to die while having love.

It didn't end as they planned.

nope nope don't got to do that when you smoke
inhalence =/= smoking

ffs you know exactly what i mean. stop being a smartass

Hahaha oh wow.

Uh.
Yes there is are you completely stupid or what.

1. It's extremley adictive, not having it after having some makes you grumpy and stressed.
2. After long term use it messes with the brain causing you to loose minor brain cells and become more iritable.
3. The resedue from taking it (smoke) is terrible for your lungs and can cause lung cancer and makes you cough up tar.

Hahaha oh wow.

generally if the only way you bother to enjoy yourself is to get high then chances are you're not going to have a very happy life.

Quote from: drugabuse.gov
What Other Adverse Effect Does Marijuana Have on Health?
Effects on the Heart
Marijuana increases heart rate by 20-100 percent shortly after smoking; this effect can last up to 3 hours. In one study, it was estimated that marijuana users have a 4.8-fold increase in the risk of heart attack in the first hour after smoking the drug.5 This may be due to increased heart rate as well as the effects of marijuana on heart rhythms, causing palpitations and arrhythmias. This risk may be greater in aging populations or in those with cardiac vulnerabilities.

Effects on the Lungs
Numerous studies have shown marijuana smoke to contain carcinogens and to be an irritant to the lungs. In fact, marijuana smoke contains 50-70 percent more carcinogenic hydrocarbons than tobacco smoke. Marijuana users usually inhale more deeply and hold their breath longer than tobacco smokers do, which further increase the lungs' exposure to carcinogenic smoke. Marijuana smokers show dysregulated growth of epithelial cells in their lung tissue, which could lead to cancer;6 however, a recent case-controlled study found no positive associations between marijuana use and lung, upper respiratory, or upper digestive tract cancers.7 Thus, the link between marijuana smoking and these cancers remains unsubstantiated at this time.

Nonetheless, marijuana smokers can have many of the same respiratory problems as tobacco smokers, such as daily cough and phlegm production, more frequent acute chest illness, and a heightened risk of lung infections. A study of 450 individuals found that people who smoke marijuana frequently but do not smoke tobacco have more health problems and miss more days of work than nonsmokers.8 Many of the extra sick days among the marijuana smokers in the study were for respiratory illnesses.

Effects on Daily Life
Research clearly demonstrates that marijuana has the potential to cause problems in daily life or make a person's existing problems worse. In one study, heavy marijuana abusers reported that the drug impaired several important measures of life achievement, including physical and mental health, cognitive abilities, social life, and career status.9 Several studies associate workers' marijuana smoking with increased absences, tardiness, accidents, workers' compensation claims, and job turnover.

Yeah, I'm not going to lie, I've smoked weed but I don't act like a jackass and flaunt it around. I don't wear legalize pot shirts or anything like that.
Or post on an internet forum at how cool my stuffty bong is.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 05:08:03 PM by Littledude »

Uh.
Yes there is are you completely stupid or what.

1. It's extremley adictive, not having it after having some makes you grumpy and stressed.
2. After long term use it messes with the brain causing you to loose minor brain cells and become more iritable.
3. The resedue from taking it (smoke) is terrible for your lungs and can cause lung cancer and makes you cough up tar.
Are you loving handicapped? If it's so harmful, then why does it actually help people with their medical condition? Tell me where you're getting your "proof."

Lol some handicapped anti-drug site. Seriously, it's just propaganda.

Marijuana doesn't give you cancer.

Lol some handicapped anti-drug site. Seriously, it's just propaganda.

"someone listed negative effects with a source? better label it as propoganda!"

generally if the only way you bother to enjoy yourself is to get high then chances are you're not going to have a very happy life.

most of that is from the paper used to wrap it. seriously, that stuff is where all the toxins are from. no plant grows and just so happens to contain the exact chemicals we use to blast rockets into space and paint our toe nails.
Yeah, I'm not going to lie, I've smoked weed but I don't act like a jackass and flaunt it around. I don't wear legalize pot shirts or anything like that.
this

it's a government website you handicap
Same difference. Are you going to just believe everything that the government tells you? Jesus Christ.

It's the bullstuff the government feeds you that says it's bad. Those guys who huff markers and glue, however, really are stupid.

Are you loving handicapped? If it's so harmful, then why does it actually help people with their medical condition? Tell me where you're getting your "proof."
link me to ANY proof at all that it helps people medically
im not saying its a lie but it will help me point out why it's okay and why you're dumb