[GSF] Ghost is back!!

Author Topic: [GSF] Ghost is back!!  (Read 10201 times)

What a clever man, switching from maps to terrain bricks.
Looks pretty good so far.

I love it.

The Ghost has risen from the grave!

time to look more like minecraft and roblox at the same time

Quoted because it's true.

Am I the only one who thinks this looks bad?  Wedge's concept was good but I don't think was a good execution of it (if that's what he was going for).  Also, what's up with the textures?  What's up with the fog?

GSF Ghost told me on the server that one huge terrain (big enough for several TDM's) was probably around 2500 bricks. That's not much compared to the brick limit, it still gives you plenty of brick space to build.

He's also going to add two types of textures: one with normal textures (like the ones from maps), and one with brick stud textures.

The fact that he's made easy-to-make terrain is already pretty amazing, but he said he's going to be tweaking it and making smaller and larger pieces, aswell as different terrain parts such as more trees, rocks, plants, etc

GSF Ghost told me on the server that one huge terrain (big enough for several TDM's) was probably around 2500 bricks. That's not much compared to the brick limit, it still gives you plenty of brick space to build.

He's also going to add two types of textures: one with normal textures (like the ones from maps), and one with brick stud textures.

The fact that he's made easy-to-make terrain is already pretty amazing, but he said he's going to be tweaking it and making smaller and larger pieces, aswell as different terrain parts such as more trees, rocks, plants, etc
all right, I feel somewhat better about the whole endeavor. I look forward to seeing how it all turns out.

blockland has been saved!

Ghost is back from the dead!

...Why doesn't [GSF] Ghost post this?

...Why doesn't [GSF] Ghost post this?

Hey guys, I'm aware of the v21 update and I am thinking of converting some of the maps into modular brick units to keep them alive after the update is released. I've already began experimenting with modular terrain bricks (which consist of static shapes in unrendered bricks) - pictures are attached below.

Even though most of the terrain units only consist of one face, there are still some lag issues. I'm hoping to convert them into .blb format to further improve performance, but I may have to wait until the dev. tools are released. If anyone wants to help it would be greatly appreciated. :) I'll keep y'all updated on the progress.

Yes! We will survive when the v21 bombs hits! At least they are being released.

Pixilization will be changed. These textures are probably Temporrary.
Yeah, everything is temporary right now guys (including the "Minecraft" look). But, I'm planning on releasing two packs: one that has more realistic terrain (as shown in those pics, which will have realistic textures and be affected by fog, but will consist of static shapes) and another with terrain units that use the .blb format, which will thus perform better and have actual brick textures (what I have so far using .blb format is attached below).

This way both camps will be happy. Also, the fog is like that just because I set it to a low value; if you change to value to like 200+ it should look a lot better (example attached below).

Will we be able to make roads out of these? (road ramps)

mother of god

I hereby take back everything bad I've said about v21

YES YES YES. For some reason though those bricks reminded me of terrain in Roller Coaster Tycoon games, but I don't mind. TERRAIN AND SHADE-Y-NESS TOGETHER IN HARMONY! :cookieMonster: