5 (2%)
Agnostic  
32 (12.6%)
Jewish
3 (1.2%)
Other
26 (10.3%)

Total Members Voted: 252

Author Topic: Religious Views?  (Read 20068 times)

Why don't people just have fun in this life instead of thinking 24/7 about their afterlife?
I don't. :/ I enjoy life to the fullest.

Read the Holy Bible and let Jesus in to your heart. Then you'll know.
It's an ancient storybook. It doesn't work that way.
PROVE to me that God is real.

It's an ancient storybook. It doesn't work that way.
PROVE to me that God is real.
And quoting the bible doesn't count as proof.

Atheism is the belief that there is no God or superhuman, and thus the rejection of religion.
You basically just said the same thing.
Atheism is the lack of a belief, not a belief of a lack. The difference is that the former is simply choosing not to believe something, while the latter is an assertion. Most atheists will not claim that they know that god doesn't exist.

I guess I will take the time to responds to this though
to all atheists in this thread: prove to me he isn't
Whether this can be done or not depends on your definition of god. If you mean simply a god, in its most generic form possible, it can't be done. But if you mean a specific god, whose actions and the ways through which it works are very specifically defined (in a holy book, etc),  then you can brown townyze these specific actions, and can be proven to either not occur at all, or occur for a completely natural reason. There's no reason to believe in say, the Christian God, when everything he supposedly does can be proven to not happen. The only explanation is that he wants to deliberately deceive us into not believing so he can punish us for falling for his trick, which is entirely irrational and does not fit the concept of a "good, loving god"

I love how most christians dont even try to understand evoloution, like:
LOLOL P33PL W3R NEVR M0NK3YS DUM84SS LOLOLL!!!!!11!!

Ive actually read the bible and i still dont loving understand the concept
« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 02:14:13 PM by MaroonCacti »

LOLOL MONK3YS W3R NEVR PEEPL DUM84SS LOLOLL!!!!!11!!

Most atheists don't even try to understand the Bible either.

However, both groups have large communities that are set up specifically for the argument of the subject. So "most" is a guessing term.

LOLOL P33PL W3R NEVR M0NK3YS DUM84SS LOLOLL!!!!!11!!

That is a loving lot of stereotypical generalization, and there is a lot more to understanding the bible than just reading it, if there was really nothing more to it than reading a book and you would understand it fully churches wouldn't exist.

i believe in aliens :D

and there is a lot more to understanding the bible than just reading it, if there was really nothing more to it than reading a book and you would understand it fully churches wouldn't exist.
Of course! Why would an all powerful being speak to us plainly when he could speak to us through ancient, confusingly worded texts instead?
« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 03:38:44 PM by Headcrab Zombie »

I've noticed a common argument is that Atheists have no argument against the bible because they interpreted it wrong. I don't understand. No matter how you look at it it's still a load of nonsense. According to the bible, god made plants the day before he made the sun. In Genesis 1 the entire creation takes 6 days, but the universe is at least 12 billion years old, with new stars constantly being formed. Humans were not created instantaneously from dust and breath, but evolved over millions of years from simpler life forms.
Probably the funniest is that god curses the serpent. "From now on the serpent will crawl on his belly and eat dust". One wonders how he got around before - by hopping on his tail? But snakes don't eat dust, do they.

Oh yeah, and Noah is told to make an ark that is 450 feet long. And then fit two of every living creature on the planet. And then came a storm which caused a flood taller then mount Everest. Makes sense to me.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 02:56:04 PM by Narkro555 »

--Snip--

I don't have time to adress all the stupidity in this post so I'll just link you here.

fact: christians aren't allowed to wank

im serious, no lust allowed said the bible

fact: christians aren't allowed to wank

im serious, no lust allowed said the bible

Funfact: We're also better off for it.

Im not trying to start any, erm, "war", I know Religion is, and will always be a touchy subject, and im not trying to spark anything. This thread is purely for my curiousness.

So yeah, if you didnt get it from the title, what is everybodys religious view?

I, personally, am an Atheist.
Yeah, there's never a "war".
Just people who complain about the possibility of one.
athiest here