5 (2%)
Agnostic  
32 (12.6%)
Jewish
3 (1.2%)
Other
26 (10.3%)

Total Members Voted: 252

Author Topic: Religious Views?  (Read 19802 times)

because you hate blacks and native americans with an evil passion?

unless you are like every other religion and suddenly changed your creed so to appease a new generation of liberal people.
sinners cant even follow your own religions. pff
And you got that information from...?

Atheist, more specifically existential nihilist

Poll needs an "other" selection

Your bible
Where does it say that in, what I'm assuming your referring to, the Book of Mormon?

I think most atheists should just not give a forget about others' views.  Personally, I just see religion as other people wasting their time.  Almost sad, in a way.

Where does it say that in, what I'm assuming your referring to, the Book of Mormon?

"...the Lord shall curse the land with much heat...and there was a blackness came upon all the children of Canaan, that they were despised among all people." (Moses 7:8)  

"And Enoch also beheld ...the sons of Adam; and they were a mixture of all the seed of Adam save it were the seed of Cain, for the seed of Cain were black, and had not a place among them." (Moses 7:22)

"There is a reason why one man is born black and with other disadvantages, while another is born white with great advantages.  The reason is that we once had an estate before we came here, and were obedient, more or less, to the laws that were given us there.  Those who were faithful in all things there received greater blessings here, and those who were not faithful received less...There were no neutrals in the war in heaven.  All took sides with either Christ or with Satan. Every man had his agency there, and men receive rewards here based upon their actions there...The Bro, evidently, is receivingthe reward he merits" (Doctrines of Salvation published 1954,1:61,65,66)

"...Behold, they had hardened their hearts against him...wherefore, as they were white, and exceeding fair and delightsome, that they might not be enticingunto my people the Lord God did cause a skin of blackness to come upon them.  And thus saith the Lord God:  I will cause that they shall be loathsome unto thy people, save they shall repent of their sins." (2 Nephi 5:21-22)

I can't really I say I believe in a "God" but I do believe in some sort of maker. I do believe in evolution as well as alien life.

In non seriousness: i'm catholic and Keeth (our priest) calls me quite often! We're good friends :D

Was atheist, then agnostic, now Protestant Reformed Christian

Personally, I just see religion as other people wasting their time.  Almost sad, in a way.
replace religion with videogames and you get what I thought of the second after I read this

"...the Lord shall curse the land with much heat...and there was a blackness came upon all the children of Canaan, that they were despised among all people." (Moses 7:8)  

"And Enoch also beheld ...the sons of Adam; and they were a mixture of all the seed of Adam save it were the seed of Cain, for the seed of Cain were black, and had not a place among them." (Moses 7:22)

"There is a reason why one man is born black and with other disadvantages, while another is born white with great advantages.  The reason is that we once had an estate before we came here, and were obedient, more or less, to the laws that were given us there.  Those who were faithful in all things there received greater blessings here, and those who were not faithful received less...There were no neutrals in the war in heaven.  All took sides with either Christ or with Satan. Every man had his agency there, and men receive rewards here based upon their actions there...The Bro, evidently, is receivingthe reward he merits" (Doctrines of Salvation published 1954,1:61,65,66)

"...Behold, they had hardened their hearts against him...wherefore, as they were white, and exceeding fair and delightsome, that they might not be enticingunto my people the Lord God did cause a skin of blackness to come upon them.  And thus saith the Lord God:  I will cause that they shall be loathsome unto thy people, save they shall repent of their sins." (2 Nephi 5:21-22)
That's just saying people with darker skins are being discriminated against, no where does it say that it's part of the Mormon beliefs.

That's just saying people with darker skins are being discriminated against, no where does it say that it's part of the Mormon beliefs.

Mkay, however, I was just making the point that they were in the Book of Mormon, but not that they are part of the beliefs.

What about the book of mormon?

Episcopalian Christian

christians shove their religion in people's faces more than everyone else combined
Much more for the reason as it is a calling.