Author Topic: DAY Z MEGATHREAD - OP finally gets this mod.  (Read 110695 times)

And another downside is the full auto. In my experience if you use full auto for more than like 2 seconds you waste almost all of the mag
Full auto is actually a good side unless you just spam it all the time like an idiot.

Full auto is actually a good side unless you just spam it all the time like an idiot.

Well the thing is the recoil/spread is so bad that the bullets go everywhere, if you're like running and you see a player with a big gun that could be hostile. I remember that at the airfield. I was running towards the firehouse to avoid sniper fire. Saw a guy, and I sprayed at him. And after I used my whole mag, boom he only had a broken leg and aborted. I'd say AKM is best when used in singleshot mode

rocket and i were right on the edge line of the map up north riding along when he decides to stop out of nowhere and i crashed into him with our bikes.

His bike was destroyed and he was bleeding and in shock, nothing happened to me.

Then we had to walk all the way to the NW airfield which took a long time and I ditched my bike so I could walk with him.

Once there, I got an M24 and I traded my m4 cco supressed with ~8 stanag sd mags for his FAL.

I traded my m4 cco supressed with ~8 stanag sd mags for his FAL.

brilliant choice my friend

DUCKINVADERS IS GREAT AT HELICOPTER

Spent about 3 hours trying to find parts to fix one after he crashed and blew up the previous one, found all except engine parts. Went back and forth between Chernov and Elektro about six times, from evening to pitch-black night. Fighting zombies with Captain Jiggle-Light (Dracpot) was not fun.
It's funny because I'm so good that I barely got to take off. I literally just launched it forward and we all died.
Zaure was pissed haha

Well the thing is the recoil/spread is so bad that the bullets go everywhere, if you're like running and you see a player with a big gun that could be hostile. I remember that at the airfield. I was running towards the firehouse to avoid sniper fire. Saw a guy, and I sprayed at him. And after I used my whole mag, boom he only had a broken leg and aborted. I'd say AKM is best when used in singleshot mode
No it's not so bad.
You probally just suck at aiming or you used the full auto mode incorrectly.
Simply spraying the entire mag is handicapped when the target is further away than 10 metres.
How the hell could you spray an entire AKM mag and only hit his leg once ?

You should use the full auto mode when a target is like 1-20 metres away. Unless someone stands directly infront of you should never spray the entire magazine at people - try to shoot bursts of 2-5 rounds. Burst fire mode is just for people who have a terrible trigger finger and tend to spray entire magazines instead of firing a burst of 2-5 rounds.

I have no money. we are barely making it through till my dads next payday. A bunch of my friends want to play this with me, and i don't have the money to buy the original game. Please, if someone you be kind enough, PM me and I'll give you my steam.

I know i have posted in about 2 other threads about getting games, i have almost no games that any of my other friends play. it would mean a lot to me to get this, or one of the other games. =/ I'm just a poor gamer.

Waaa begging for sympathy give me a game.

Go to the begging topic.

Waaa begging for sympathy give me a game.

Go to the begging topic.
technically, thats for the steam sales.

So I played for the first time today.
First I forgot how to play the game and a zombie attacked me. Took me two minutes to find out how to bandage myself, finally did it with 300 something blood left.
Second time I found a bunch of ladders leading up to nothing. Fell three feet and broke my legs. Fell about eight feet and died.

No it's not so bad.
You probally just suck at aiming or you used the full auto mode incorrectly.
Simply spraying the entire mag is handicapped when the target is further away than 10 metres.
How the hell could you spray an entire AKM mag and only hit his leg once ?

You should use the full auto mode when a target is like 1-20 metres away. Unless someone stands directly infront of you should never spray the entire magazine at people - try to shoot bursts of 2-5 rounds. Burst fire mode is just for people who have a terrible trigger finger and tend to spray entire magazines instead of firing a burst of 2-5 rounds.

I'm actually really good at aiming, it's just that getting chased by zombies plus running is hard to fully aim at a player who just spawned out of nowhere in the airfield.

And yes he was like 10 meters away.
I wasted the whole mag because the recoil and spread made me shoot way above the target lol, added with no breath
I didn't hit his leg once,  was well bleeding and a few shots hit him. He didn't die, thats all.

I'm actually really good at aiming, it's just that getting chased by zombies plus running is hard to fully aim at a player who just spawned out of nowhere in the airfield.

And yes he was like 10 meters away.
I wasted the whole mag because the recoil and spread made me shoot way above the target lol, added with no breath
I didn't hit his leg once,  was well bleeding and a few shots hit him. He didn't die, thats all.
Not convinced that you are "Very good at aiming"

Guys let's all get on gogogo

Also not convinced that he knows how to controlled-burst.
ARMA 2 weapons are bang-on accurate, just like real guns, if you missed at 10 meters with an entire magazine then you were doing something very wrong

I am lol actually. I've killed multiple guys running from a distance with a lee enfield and with guns like the M4. It's just at that moment, I was getting attacked by zombies. I needed painkillers, out of breath, and also in a rush to kill him and gtfo of there. I just don't like the AK guns personally

Also not convinced that he knows how to controlled-burst.
ARMA 2 weapons are bang-on accurate, just like real guns, if you missed at 10 meters with an entire magazine then you were doing something very wrong

>3k blood
>controlled burst with the situation above

no thank you

edit: also dont know exact distances. Distance from airfield firestation to middle of the runway next to it?
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 04:11:36 PM by HerpaDerp »