Russian Cyrillic Mod [Россия] [1.1]

Author Topic: Russian Cyrillic Mod [Россия] [1.1]  (Read 18060 times)

very cool. too bad not too many people here are russian / know russian.
it'd be interesting to learn though.

Don't certain add-ons involving chat use ^ for certain commands like whispering, shouting, etc.?

Wouldn't this conflict with those said add-ons regardless if this is client-sided?

Please read over the topic, I've included all this information in advance. Yes, it should not be used with other chat mods.

I need to add support for Erinamese :3

I hope some day Blockland can officially support cyrillic and maybe other languages.

This add-on should be considered a way to try and make do, but not a full solution. It works but Port has warned me that since its based on textures, messages you post may not remain stable once they go deep into the chat list.

I'm being a cleansing product for vaginas?
stop being a smartass, you know exactly what he meant.

too bad not too many people here are russian / know russian.
* /nav raises his hand
What about me?

Never heard or seen of it.
Exactly.
It's a translator.
Three problems with that:
1. It only translates the exact text that come only from other clients with this mod installed, which renders itself redundant.
2. Translators suck. They all do. It's a proven fact.
3. This is not a true 'translator.'

3. This is not a true 'translator.'

This mod is a compatibility layer that converts English keyboard characters to their Russian keyboard counterpart.

It is client-sided so Russian speakers and players can talk to each other anywhere in cyrillic. We could have added a server-side ball and chain to the mix but it would have been wasteful because you'd still require the client.

I do not recommend translators in Blockland because, as said, translators have a hard time correctly converting sentence structure and grammatical context.

It is inappropriate to discuss translators here. I suggest if you want to explore the idea you create a topic in modification discussion.

Who here can actualy speak and read Russian besides mwa???

Who here can actualy speak and read Russian besides mwa???

There is a considerable international community in Blockland that most American players are unaware on.

Quote from: OP FAQ
foucses

Might want ot fix that.

^ as the command...
I can just imagine how much fun this would create with RPChat, haha...

But cool concept- I'd use it if I knew/played with more people who are fluent in Russian on Blockland.

Incoming Heavy.

And Soldier says this.