Author Topic: Russian Cyrillic Mod [Россия] [1.1]  (Read 17812 times)

Russian Cyrillic Mod
(experimental, please report bugs)

About
Client_Cyrillic is an add-on designed by IcyGamma that allows players converse in Russian using cyrillic texts.

"Client_Cyrillic" - это русификация игры Blockland созданная IcyGamma и Lugnut, позволяющяя писать на Русском языке.

All you need is the client mod. You can then chat with anybody else who has installed the addon on any server! Please be sure to ask the host or supervising admin permission to chat using this mod, as people who don't have it installed will see gibberish and may think it is spam.

Please note:  this add-on only supports typing in capitalized letters and only supports 3 standard chat settings due to limitations out of our control.

Warning:  if you are on a server that has other chat mods, please consider disabling this add-on or refraining from using it as cyrillic messages may not print as intended. Due to texture handling this mod must be considered experimental and it still in testing so please report issues.

Usage
Type ^ in normal chat, followed by your message based on the Russian keyboard layout. The characters will be converted to cyrllic when you post the message.

FAQ
What is cyrillic?
Cyrillic script is an alphabetical writing system. There are variations of cyrillic used in a number of languages. This mod specifically focuses on the Russian alphabet.

What is the point?
To allow for natural typing in Russian. Writing using the English alphabet can be confusing, and it looks rubbish. Blockland currently does not support cyrillic.

Do I need to have a Russian keyboard?
You do not need a Russian keyboard, Russian keyboard stickers, or a Russian keyboard layout. The mod simulates the keyboard layout-- it helps to know where the keys are though.

If I don't have this mod, what will I see?
Gibberish letters.

I don't speak Russian, do I need this?
No. But you may like to download it to add cyrillic symbols to your events to pretty things up. Or better yet, go learn it.

Credits

IcyGamma
Concept, graphics, project leader.

Lugnut
Programmer, scripting.

Port
Technical advisor, base script, & additional code.

CrystalWarrior
Russian player & friend who helped test and gave his seal of approval. :3
Also helped ensure the Russian in this topic was correct.

Download

Client_Cyrillic
10.8kb
Mediafire

« Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 09:30:39 PM by Sheath »

Is there a way to switch back and forth?

Is there a way to switch back and forth?

You type in English.

If the chat message starts with ^ it converts it.

Oh.
da comrade
/professional russian

So does this mean you can sound like you know Russian even though you have no idea what anyone else is saying? :cookieMonster:

So does this mean you can sound like you know Russian even though you have no idea what anyone else is saying? :cookieMonster:

They'd find out pretty fast. ;)

They'd find out pretty fast. ;)
That's the only downside :(

Russian translator :D
Translators always make a mistake somewhere, they can not be trusted, none of them!

crystalwarrior is russian?
I'm not alone
« Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 09:57:17 AM by Cybertails1998 »

« Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 09:57:29 AM by Cybertails1998 »

Its client side. Just stick it in your add-on folder and restart Blockland. Ensure the server doesn't have any conflicting chat mods if its not working.