Poll

Would Sylvanor make a good admin?

Yes
34 (69.4%)
No
15 (30.6%)

Total Members Voted: 49

Author Topic: Wink's City RPG  (Read 35761 times)

I found it quite funny that he kills so many people with 1 grenade, I don't think he should be banned...
He said he will inform Wink, and he shall do so. This needs fix.
Everyone whos butthurt about it swallow it up and move on...
Oh so it's okay for someone to ruin your server because it's funny to some guy who wasn't even playing at that time?

Im not usually one to dwell on the past or ask for refunds for my own mistake, but last night while no admins where on, me and my friend lost a total of 6,250 because of rogue status for life abusing the push broom glitch. I believe he has been warned before about this, as anyone on the server and they will tell you he abuses it. I once saw him push a player all the way to the end of the other city from the bank.
       It all started when i got out $1800 to pardon someone for exp. While i was typing in the gui , rogue came up and used the push broom to kill me via collision My friend, seeing that i had just been killed shot rogue because he figured he was wanted.-$1800 for what i dropped Nope, because of the glitch he was jailed for six ticks. -$3000 for the clear record -$250 for rookie  -$1200 for the jail time (pardon) coming to the grand total of $6,250      that's without what my friend dropped when jailed. Please can i have at least a small reimbursement for the travesty? I would not ask this if it was or actions that caused a consequence, but it was all caused by a glitch. when i asked rogue to give me the money, he did not speak for the rest of the night and left soon after that after making an attempt to jail my friend.
---edit----
Rogue has apologized and does admit to booming people, but never killing them, he sais that he has a friend who gets on people's accounts and he does not remember any of this. CoolKoopaTroopa, skit, and pressme are just some of the many witnesses to this. it is surprising rogue is now so chatty, as he was silent last night. Maybe he is right about the dual accounting...
« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 03:02:59 PM by Demon Cat »

I found it quite funny that he kills so many people with 1 grenade, I don't think he should be banned...
He said he will inform Wink, and he shall do so. This needs fix.
Everyone whos butthurt about it swallow it up and move on...
No. You weren't even there and you don't understand at all.

He exploited and abused the glitch, I don't give a stuff what he said about reporting the bug, he abused it while he could.

You can't ban people for playing the game. It doesn't matter how he's getting the weapons; there's no way he's "hacking" them, so it's some sort of command or glitch Jasa [un]intentionally left in there.

If you want killing sprees to be less common, make weapons harder to get.
If you want killing sprees to be harder, make weapons do less damage.
If you want killing sprees to be less rewarding, increase jail time and remove pardons.

You can't have problems in the code that give infinite grenades, make cops feeble and useless, and the prison system a revolving door, then get all flustered when (*gasp*) someone spams infinite grenades, beats the stuff out of cops, and then when finally arrested gets out in 5 minutes.

Also re: Sheath. He absolutely can and should. You could make that argument for the setDamage, so players can open clinics, but it's a stupid idea because it only takes one person using setDamage 100 to ruin a person's day. The setTransform event can easily be used to put people into a box they have to ctrl+k to get out of, and then the owner can go down and get the money and weapons dropped. That's not fair.

If you have an idea that can be used to allow selective, paid entry and cannot possibly be exploited for any malicious reasons, I'd love to hear you out.

You can't ban people for playing the game.
Actually, he can ban them for whatever reason he wants :cookieMonster:

Holy stuff, you guys are all idiots. He had an infinite amount of grenades from exploiting a glitch in Jasa's mod. Just because the glitch is there doesn't make it just to abuse it.

He deserves to be banned for his actions and that is final.

just because there's a bug in the system doesn't exactly mean you're allowed to abuse it. If at school, there's some loophole that allows me to get on some kinky research site, and I do it, I'd get in a lot of trouble. Saying "WELL ITS THE CODE'S FAULT" won't get me any leverage.

Holy stuff, you guys are all idiots. He had an infinite amount of grenades from exploiting a glitch in Jasa's mod. Just because the glitch is there doesn't make it just to abuse it.

He deserves to be banned for his actions and that is final.

The Brighter Dark banned me for 10 days. Shut up now.

I am surprised on how in the ban reasons I been noted as nuisance too, yet hamster is hated by the entire server.

I am surprised on how in the ban reasons I been noted as nuisance too, yet hamster is hated by the entire server.
He has come to be a little more reasonable, lately.

Actually, he can ban them for whatever reason he wants :cookieMonster:
"might doesnt make right" etc

just because there's a bug in the system doesn't exactly mean you're allowed to abuse it. If at school, there's some loophole that allows me to get on some kinky research site, and I do it, I'd get in a lot of trouble. Saying "WELL ITS THE CODE'S FAULT" won't get me any leverage.
That's because real life is inherently different than a video game.

In a video game, if you exploit a bug, then it's up to the developers to fix it.
In real life, we're allowed to do anything and the government cannot totally control our actions, only reprimand us for doing things they don't like. If they could bugfix human psyche, they absolutely would.

Just because Jasa cant de-forget his stuff, doesn't mean that LeetZero should be banned for playing the game.

"might doesnt make right" etc
The difference between humans and robots is the moral compass, knowing what's wrong and what's right in our moral minds, not by a set of pre-programmed rules.

That's because real life is inherently different than a video game.

Yea but this server exists to simulate real life.

In a video game, if you exploit a bug, then it's up to the developers to fix it.

And until the fix is made, decent people wont go around exploiting it as much as possible and ruining other people's fun.
In real life, we're allowed to do anything and the government cannot totally control our actions, only reprimand us for doing things they don't like. If they could bugfix human psyche, they absolutely would.

Just because I can go pick up a gun at a store and shoot a woman in the head and rape the dead body, I'm not going to, because that'll illegal, immoral, straight up disgusting, and it'll land me in death row.
Just because Jasa cant de-forget his stuff, doesn't mean that LeetZero should be banned for playing the game.

LeetZero should be banned for being indecent and screwing up the server. Badspot bans people for admitting to crashing servers. Just because certain events have exploits that allow us to crash servers, doesn't mean we should. It would be different if he discovered the bug, and then reported it to Jasa, instead of using it to kill everyone for personal pleasure and fun.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 01:57:52 PM by Poleutrough »

Really, all I need to do to prove that you're a loving idiot is this:

Yea but this server exists to simulate real life.
No.

LeetZero should be banned for being indecent and screwing up the server. Badspot bans people for admitting to crashing servers. Just because certain events have exploits that allow us to crash servers, doesn't mean we should. It would be different if he discovered the bug, and then reported it to Jasa, instead of using it to kill everyone for personal pleasure and fun.
Because, uh, crashing the server is an actual offense that isn't apart of the game. The point of CityRPG is to play a role. Some people want to mine, some want to open stores, some want to kill everyone else. That's fine. Crashing the server isn't that, it's an actual meta-game exploit.

LeetZero is just a very good criminal. He was banned because he was too good to play with everyone else.

Any suddenly we're all offensive and hostile. I'm not arguing with you until you calm down. Argue my points, or forget off.

Any suddenly we're all offensive and hostile. I'm not arguing with you until you calm down.
LOL.

Seriously, you like, ignored my entire argument and called me an idiot. Bravo, best argument 2012.