Bot events 2

Author Topic: Bot events 2  (Read 10616 times)

We need an updated bot events mod. One that does not crash servers and break game features.

some ideas:
Slayer support would be neat. Having team bots that are able to stand on and capture the capture points.
A GUI that allows you to pick bot uniforms, or an event that sets them to a slayer team's uniform.
Bot inventory where they can hold multiple items with events to pick which slot to use, or a free to use AI option.
Bots can use vehicle turrets.
setbottransform (is this already done?)
VCE modify bots (is this already done?)
Bots can open doors  (is this already done?)

i'm also completely disappointed with how RTB can keep up a mod that not only breaks default features (onplayertouch), but also allows players to crash other players' servers within a matter of seconds.

I've made bot's INTO turrets that work.
Port is also working on a path finding system apparently. I'd also love it if we could get rid of exploits that people use to crash and freak out server hosts.

i think the existing version should be scrapped and a whole new one made

Totally. Bot events has gotten out of control with crashing.

How you wanna crash a server with a bot
wrtf

How you wanna crash a server with a bot
wrtf
what does this even mean

Would be awesome if they were like TF2-style bots, only a little smarter.

Torque can only do so much though...

torque can do everything mentioned in the op.

And also, bot events do not work when their owner is not in the server. This sucks because it stops people from making big rpg's online 24/7.

We need bot events to work on dedicated servers, when the owner is not online.

This is crazy though. You guys really have no idea how much stuff is in the existing mod. You're dooming it to infinite incompletion when you say 'lets completely scrap the old one'

This is crazy though. You guys really have no idea how much stuff is in the existing mod. You're dooming it to infinite incompletion when you say 'lets completely scrap the old one'
not really... majority of the code is just linking the functions to the events and making default functions apply to bots.

not really... majority of the code is just linking the functions to the events and making default functions apply to bots.
so basically

a forgetload of code that's actually neccesary

I don't get it. The current Bot Events work fine for me.

However, and update/rehaul would be nice. Bot AI perimeters are kinda shoddy.

setbotspeed maybe so that we don't have to have custom playertypes?