Author Topic: 2012/07/24 - Environmental Controls Preview  (Read 227236 times)

will shadows be client sided, as in will people be able to toggle shadows on and off? i thought it was just the shaders that would be toggleable but im not sure

Is there a possibility for water shaders? Like having reflections, caustics and such?

will shadows be client sided, as in will people be able to toggle shadows on and off? i thought it was just the shaders that would be toggleable but im not sure
Yea I think he said Both would be client sided.

Is there a possibility for water shaders? Like having reflections, caustics and such?
I'm going say that most likely.

Shadows and shaders will be toggable. kompressor already said this in the announcement topic. They will be off by default, but later on with some more optimization and fixes they will be on by default.

Shaders for now will have an on/off feature. Eventually it will always be default and unable to turn off.

Shaders for now will have an on/off feature. Eventually it will always be default and unable to turn off.
No they where talking about shadows not shaders, shaders are most likely going to stay as an option.

i was mostly thinking about shadows, because in the future, if they are made default and unable to be turned off that would be great to prevent cheating and such on tdms with intented low visibility. i know, i could always use negative lights but it wouldnt be as good :\

i was mostly thinking about shadows, because in the future, if they are made default and unable to be turned off that would be great to prevent cheating and such on tdms with intented low visibility. i know, i could always use negative lights but it wouldnt be as good :\
theres still console commands to cheat it light. theres never a way to make dark/stealth tdms without people having a way to cheat.

It wouldn't be fair to people with old computers though would it?

Really, I'm sure me and us other low-end computer owners still want to play.

My prediction for release date: this Saturday or August 1st

what? the fog being closer would only make it easier to run
wait I got confused you aren't talking about fog
nevermind
« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 12:01:36 AM by Night Fox »

My prediction for release date: this Saturday or August 1st
My prediction for release date: 6 minutes.

If only :(

Maybe Badspot would find it hilarious to release a fake update in 5 minutes.