2012/07/24 - Environmental Controls Preview

Author Topic: 2012/07/24 - Environmental Controls Preview  (Read 227213 times)

Okay guys, I wonder if what I'm about to say is actually possible.  It would probably be best for Badspot to answer, since he knows the Torque engine more than any of us.

Okay, here we go.

1)  Is it possible to have a separate set of volumetric lighting for underwater?

2)  Is it possible, using the water distortion, to allow shadows to be distorted* much like how objects are when reflected off the surface of a pool/when the object's shadow is casted to the pool bottom?
*Both on the surface and on the solid object that the shadow is casted onto beneath the water
That would be awesome to see

Oh forget im no longer the latest poster.

This is great. Its like adjustable plate made default.

EDIT: Badspot already said that hehe.

I can't wait to use this to make a negative world where sun is black and shadows are bright
« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 01:12:08 AM by Tonkka »

v21 isn't even out and I feel like all of my waiting has now been justified.

v21 isn't even out and I feel like all of my waiting has now been justified.

This

Wait hold on, If the environments menu now has brick plant sounds when you click stuff, will all blockland buttons be changed that way?

When you open the environment menu, it should play this.

:cookieMonster:

Dunno if it's been suggested or asked, but will there be a way to save these settings applied on a map and be allowed to share it, though a code or something? Or could it save to a specific map? Because, for example, you release a save you've worked on for quite some time, and you've made specific lighting settings and you want to share it so people who download the save can use the same settings.

Dunno if it's been suggested or asked, but will there be a way to save these settings applied on a map and be allowed to share it, though a code or something? Or could it save to a specific map? Because, for example, you release a save you've worked on for quite some time, and you've made specific lighting settings and you want to share it so people who download the save can use the same settings.
there must be

to not do this would be a travesty

if not default, it can be added by mods in minutes.

I give you my body if you release it in the next 2 months.

Choosing a map was always a pain anyway, and so was changing them. I will not miss having to change the map and re-load my bricks because I chose the wrong slate variant.

So, it seems that brick lights still go through bricks (= cast no shadows)

Imo, this update will be pretty useless, when i can't light up my  house, without disturbing the neighbors.

lol cutting static shapes would cut a LOT more than trees

yep

including jvs content

i knew something like this would come out

i can't wait