2012/07/24 - Environmental Controls Preview

Author Topic: 2012/07/24 - Environmental Controls Preview  (Read 223239 times)

Why is Badspot suddenly so lovey to me?

So it's an Adjustable Plate that doesn't break the game? Yippee!
Is this some problem I'm not encountering or...?

Does this whole update mean that player lights will show on all bricks besides prints?

Hey just wondering. What will happen to the map list? Now with this the map list is no longer needed but how will you set your add-ons? If we still have a screen for that can the map list be edited to saved maps your player makes with environmental settings? Could you make it so you have builds that auto load with these new maps? Also with the whole ground texture what will happen to space maps? Can you set the texture to none?

Does this whole update mean that player lights will show on all bricks besides prints?
...what

...what
Turn your player light on while standing atop a baseplate. Notice you can't see your light on it.
Now go make some 1x1 print plates, do the same. Notice you see your light.

This looks good. 9/10 cookies goes to you Badspot  :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie:

Turn your player light on while standing atop a baseplate. Notice you can't see your light on it.
why would they make it all bricks except prints? that's like having a fishing pole with no bait and then adding bait but removing the hook.

I'm standing and swagging in a puddle of jizz.

cannot wait; this is great.

Will there be a way to adjust shadow "hardness"? I noticed that all shadows cast don't diffuse, and are pretty harsh contrast to surrounding surfaces.

I'm pretty sure v21 will be fixing lights entirely
so that they look and work better

Will there be a way to adjust shadow "hardness"? I noticed that all shadows cast don't diffuse, and are pretty harsh contrast to surrounding surfaces.
Most games don't have realistic shadows in this sense I don't think.

At least I have never noticed.

This is freaking amazing.

One more question; will precipitation be detached from skybox options so we can mix and match it ourselves?