Poll

What is your favorite type of terraining?

Basic Cubescaping
60 (27.4%)
Unaligned Cubescaping
27 (12.3%)
Normal Brickscaping
39 (17.8%)
Rampscaping
12 (5.5%)
Platescaping
17 (7.8%)
Mix
64 (29.2%)

Total Members Voted: 219

Author Topic: ██ Terraining - How-To Guide ██ Updated 3/20/13 - Rampscaping  (Read 36136 times)

~17k.

Save is here: http://www.mediafire.com/?c9x71bcpo0e1xl9
It's an abandoned project I started long ago; some of the plating is missing so you'll have to fill it in.
Are you using spammy plating?

Holy stuff what

Is it possible to build terrain that doesn't use that much bricks?

1. 17k is not much brick

2. Conan uses a very detailed style of cubescaping in this build. Cubescaping could be done with much less 4x cubes. But that would not look as good.

This is legendary Conan.

Bookmarked.  This topic is excellent.

Definitely deserving of a sticky.

1. 17k is not much brick

2. Conan uses a very detailed style of cubescaping in this build. Cubescaping could be done with much less 4x cubes. But that would not look as good.

This is legendary Conan.
17k is not much
But
That's just one half mountain

I need to cover an entire island city :/ it shall be huge

Bookmarked.  This topic is excellent.

Definitely deserving of a sticky.
I agree it deserves sticky.

Holy stuff what

Is it possible to build terrain that doesn't use that much bricks?
Are you using spammy plating?
Yes, I was extremely non-cube-conserving in that build. However, attempts to conserve it afterwards only reduced it to 15k. Plating was non-spammy.

The save I put up doesn't have most of the plating, the plating that is there should be non-spammy. I think.

17k is not much
But
That's just one half mountain

I need to cover an entire island city :/ it shall be huge
You can just do the cliffs and keep the main island flat. Technically that's against my suggestions but if you're really low on bricks you can do it.

Brickscaping and its subsection Normal Brickscaping has been put up.

Bump.

How is this not stickies yet??

Nice guide. Needs to be stickied.

Very good!
Bookmarked for later use. I usually limit myself to gridded cubescaping, which doesn't look very good. These styles could add a whole new dimension to my terrain building skills.

This should probably be stickied somewhere (I still think we need a tutorial section of the forums for stuff like this)

But could you please get rid of the squares in the title? It looks odd. And that very first title image is stretching my screen. Would you mind resizing it for people with low res., like me? :)

But could you please get rid of the squares in the title? It looks odd. And that very first title image is stretching my screen. Would you mind resizing it for people with low res., like me? :)
Sure, I'll shrink the title. The squares is so people actually notice the topic; you could call it advertising of sorts.

Rampscaping and Platescaping hopefully up by tomorrow. Started work on Specific Formations.

what would your reaction be to a terrain generator that generated actually good and efficient brickscaped terrain

very good one! bravo! 10/10

what would your reaction be to a terrain generator that generated actually good and efficient brickscaped terrain

Seriously, it can't be done.