Poll

What is your favorite type of terraining?

Basic Cubescaping
60 (27.4%)
Unaligned Cubescaping
27 (12.3%)
Normal Brickscaping
39 (17.8%)
Rampscaping
12 (5.5%)
Platescaping
17 (7.8%)
Mix
64 (29.2%)

Total Members Voted: 219

Author Topic: ██ Terraining - How-To Guide ██ Updated 3/20/13 - Rampscaping  (Read 36158 times)

Why hasn't this been stickied or implemented into an official sticky? I'm going to load up blockland right now and try to make some terrain. So far, my best "terrain" is a tree made of 1x3 45oslopes and 2x4x3 rounds. :c

Why hasn't this been stickied or implemented into an official sticky? I'm going to load up blockland right now and try to make some terrain. So far, my best "terrain" is a tree made of 1x3 45oslopes and 2x4x3 rounds. :c
I would love to have this stickied but, well, if Badspot stickied all the tut topics on the General Discussion board, it would overpopularize tuts and make people think "oh look tuts get stickied; iwant to have a permanent lasting effect on this community and be famous so i'm going to go make loads-o-tuts and hopefully one gets stickied"

what should be stickied is a directory of tuts.

I do a method that I would assume you'd call wedgescaping, not sure if you added that yet.
I don't know why it's just that I love the look of wedges in general tied in with a build.

I used to have a good logo that would fit a bit better, but I kinda deleted it, previously was for a dead clan, sorry. It was basically the words spelled out in bricks but with neat plates that showed builds on top of em.

Pictures? Would love to add that in since I'm back (for now anyways)

Here's something I built on the fly

- Pros
 - Adds an edgy feeling to a build
 - Switches up from the normal views of terrain
 - Works well with old rustic builds such as deserts
- Cons
 - Very messy similar to that of plate building
 - Difficult to manage, a hassle to keep up with and may not fit with all builds
 - Will probably not look nice on it's own merit, would look better as a mix up with things such as ramps

ok you know what that's pretty damn awesome

would add a really neat feel to platescaping, and brickscaping, as well as be great for angled terrain.

i'll put it in (and experiment with this some more); thanks for the contribution!

awesome tutorial, im gonna bump it!

Man i have brickscaping down.
Now all i need is to figure out how to make those little touchs that make it 10x s better.

One of the most useful things on this whole forum. Thank you so much.

lets talk rampscape. It is a good design if you are not lazy with the duplucator. Just like cubescape it relies on a system of curves

sometimes when curves can not be preformed filler bricks will have to be used.
now when you mix them together you get

As said before it relies on a system of curves

and sometimes filler bricks which i highlighted in red.

Other things are you never mix plate and ramps, it has a system like cubescape but with this there is no flat edge for the plates to end up by and it messes up collision. if you prefer grass on what your making use a layer of ramps/bricks. You try to keep most ramps facing the same way. if it needs to be turned it must have a gradual turn in till it reaches a turn brick. I will post more on the subject later.

I haven't seen the path section before now.

I haven't seen the path section before now.
Yeah, I updated it a month ago, or thereabouts.