Author Topic: 2012/08/09 - Shader Update Released  (Read 163606 times)

Does anyone else not like the new buttons? I'm talking about the ones when you're selecting a gamemode and stuff. I think it would look better if they matched the main menu's buttons.

Does anyone else not like the new buttons? I'm talking about the ones when you're selecting a gamemode and stuff. I think it would look better if they matched the main menu's buttons.
yeah. at least if badspot could add an option to adjust the sizes of them. they are way too huge and i hate seeing only a few files at a time.

I mean I don't hate it. I love the new look of the menu and everything. It's be nice if the server browser got a similar change as well. I just think it could look better.

Wow, the guys are getting some crazy amounts of work in on stabilizing things.  I've noticed we're already up to r1691 (when I checked it out last night, it was only r1687), and now it's playable on my laptop with draw distance down, shaders at medium, and everything else maxed.  It's still lagging a little, but it's looking more like that has to do with lighting (for example, the fully-lit ACM City save lags, while Comr4de's Danube battleship isn't lagging at all for me).

Finally, I have been waiting and excited for this update, although it is pretty glitchy, I am fine with it.

I love the new update, I'm just gonna miss some of the maps. Like Dustlands (i think thats what it's called? By Squiddy?)...

So how do I activate/deactivate addons after this update?
Not sure if it has been modified or I just can't see any options to do so.

Select the "Custom" gamemode.

is there/will there ever be a full day and night thing?
meaning, with a moon?
as far as I can tell, it just gets darker at night
but what I'm hoping for is the light to change to a moonlight situation
I'm not sure how to explain exactly, but I'm sure most of you understand

also, do lights from bricks and projectiles affect shadows? I'm sure brick lights do, but idk about projectiles
sorry about the questions, I just haven't gotten to mess around with the shaders yet
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 11:23:14 PM by Night Fox »

no
only the sun casts shadows
ff
does anyone know if that's a planned thing for later?

Are the shadows this buggy and ugly for everyone else too?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwotjWcKM-E

Pretty sure it's on the bottom of the list, if to ever be done. It isn't really a feature worth adding, seeing how lights already effect shadows & look a lot nicer.

Are the shadows this buggy and ugly for everyone else too?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwotjWcKM-E
No
Try turning your shader quality up, if you can