2012/08/10 - Bugs

Author Topic: 2012/08/10 - Bugs  (Read 146058 times)

Fullscreen Bug:
When going into fullscreen on Mac, it freezes and never opens into fullscreen causing you to Force Quit.

On the Environment menu/sub-menus the "Cancel" buttons don't appear to do anything different to the "Done >>" buttons. (Changed colours don't revert, etc.)

I have not been able to join servers since the update with any form of shaders on.
I crash the moment I spawn before I see anything (on servers that welcome you when you spawn I still can see that message before my screen freezes at the last frame of the loading screen)
My computer is falling apart and I am going to replace it so that could be part of it but here is the crashlog in case it helps.

BUG:(I think)
I don't have a config file. The launcher does not create it, nor does the installer.

And the Canvas Cursor bug :C

I have not been able to join servers since the update with any form of shaders on.
I crash the moment I spawn before I see anything (on servers that welcome you when you spawn I still can see that message before my screen freezes at the last frame of the loading screen)
My computer is falling apart and I am going to replace it so that could be part of it but here is the crashlog in case it helps.
You have this problem:
Known Issues:
  • Shader compilation error "ERROR: 0:58: 'packed' : Reserved word."

BUG:(I think)
I don't have a config file. The launcher does not create it, nor does the installer.
And the Canvas Cursor bug :C
This is not a bug. The Canvas Cursor bug is a bug, which causes the config file to not be written.

I have a bug, I tried to boot up a singleplayer server on the MotE mansion, and the server failed with an error that the "Script_Player_Persistance" could not be force-loaded because it wasn't in the gamemode's txt.

I think this resulted because I actually had two copies of Script_Player_Persistance, one zipped and one unzipped. Badspot, can we use unzipped addons at all? Because I can unzip folders, but I can't zip them.

I have the Cavas Cursor bug too, except I turned off shaders and shadows, I'm in a small window and have intel. However: I've been running Blockland for over three years now and never had a problem. Please help me?
The bug is from the update. Please explain more, the canvas cursor bug does not allow the window to load, and it prevents config files from being written that would allow you to do this outside of Blockland. I think you mean a different bug.

My player and brick lights don't reflect or react off bricks at all with shaders on any setting.
He deleted your post once and threatened a ban for repeat issues, so I would recommend just trusting that he knows about this bug (since it's in the OP)

Im getting bad datablock from server on ports

Not a bug, but I'm wondering if there is anything I have to enable to make shaders work because I'm getting this in my console when I try to change the shader quality setting.
Code: [Select]
Checking for shader shadow support:
   - Enabled via $Shader::Enabled? YES
   - ARB_shader_objects present? YES
   - ARB_shading_language_100 present? YES
   - GLSL Language Version? 1.20
   - EXT_texture_array present? NO
   - EXT_texture3D present? YES
   - EXT_framebuffer_object present? YES
   - ARB_shadow? YES
   - ARB_texture_rg? NO
   o Shaders are INACTIVE
Skipping shader shadow initialization.
Specs listed at beginning
http://pastebin.com/beHK9h1T
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 11:39:09 AM by Crysist »

So, by 'duplicated' he means...?
He is able to re-create the problem, which means it will be easier for him to fix because he can see it hands-on.

I'm just here to post more information about the "LightManager::uninstallGLLights: no lights installed!" issue. 'console.log': I started up a vanilla Blockland, hosted a server, then planted a brick. The errors occur right when I plant the brick.

On the second 'console 2.log' I start up vanilla Blockland, host a server, call trace and then plant the brick. The error pops up throughout the planting process.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 11:48:49 AM by lilboarder32 »

My admin menu still has the original "Change Map" Button. D:
<image removed>
How do I solve this? I read the topic and saw nothing about the admin menu being like this. I can't adjust the environment! Is there a work-around this?

EDIT: Problem solved!
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 12:20:51 PM by ContrabassDrio »

He deleted my post? When? All my posts are still there.
Also, where in the OP is this issue specified?
Maybe it was in a different topic and when I searched back I didn't see it. Sorry, anyway, the one that mentions point lights is the one you're describing. I'm posting from my phone now so I can't go back and quote it.

My admin menu still has the original "Change Map" Button. D:

How do I solve this? I read the topic and saw nothing about the admin menu being like this. I can't adjust the environment! Is there a work-around this?

You have an add-on that modifies the admin menu. Remove it.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 11:54:55 AM by TripNick »

Tutorial Bug
I was playing the tutorial and I was at the Duck stage. I walked to the left side of the big wall, and it said I completed the stage, without me doing anything related to Duck at all.
(I would show a picture, but when I upload it to imgur, and shows up as this: http://i.imgur.com/It9qM.jpg)

For some reason i cannot see all the letters