Team Fortress 2 Megatopic + Trade: SCREAM FORTRESS? MORE LIKE JUNGLE INFERNO!

Poll

HOW'S THE INFERNO?

IT'S FIRE
79 (69.3%)
IT'S A DUMPSTER FIRE
35 (30.7%)

Total Members Voted: 114

Author Topic: Team Fortress 2 Megatopic + Trade: SCREAM FORTRESS? MORE LIKE JUNGLE INFERNO!  (Read 2349231 times)

real talk though why does this 10yo game run so bad on my 960
is it just because theres too much garbage bloating it or is there something bottlenecking me

it's all the cosmetics and unusual effects they've added over the years

theres literally no excuse for this game
I have a 2.2 GHz quad-core processor, 12 GB of RAM, and a 1024 MB video card

I haven't played TF2 in several months, but it runs mostly smooth for me, and i run it on full graphical settings with the HWM models enabled and r_lod set to 0 so that the highest quality models are always used

Do you have any background programs that might be slowing you down? Or any possible hardware issues?
« Last Edit: September 19, 2017, 03:08:40 AM by Masterlegodude »

The official TF2 Site is currently Inaccesible. Could this mean what I think it means?

I have a 2.2 GHz quad-core processor, 12 GB of RAM, and a 1024 MB video card

I haven't played TF2 in several months, but it runs mostly smooth for me, and i run it on full graphical settings with the HWM models enabled and r_lod set to 0 so that the highest quality models are always used

Do you have any background programs that might be slowing you down? Or any possible hardware issues?
its probably just my processor or something because i dont have this problem with anything else

I'm pretty sure it has something to do with all of the bloat. I remember I could run it very well on my current PC back in 2012, but now I have to lower the graphics considerably

if you want it fixed, go to cfg.tf and pick Comanglia's Toaster cfg,
that way, your game will become like this:

if that doesn't shoot your performance through the roof i don't know what will

if you want it fixed, go to cfg.tf and pick Comanglia's Toaster cfg,
that way, your game will become like this:
[i mg width=1000]https://cfg.tf/img/cfg/comanglia_toaster/pl_badwater/pl_badwater01.jpg[/img]

if that doesn't shoot your performance through the roof i don't know what will

for some reason im getting like 10 frames more with the actual native resolution rather than the meme one on the same config

I think that both Soldier and Sniper need a nerf. Soldier is supposed to do everything well, but I feel like he does it way too well. A good sniper or a good soldier are almost unkillable.

I think that both Soldier and Sniper need a nerf. Soldier is supposed to do everything well, but I feel like he does it way too well. A good sniper or a good soldier are almost unkillable.
a good soldier isnt very hard to take down unless he has his pretend gf medics pocket carrot up his ass 24/7

a good soldier isnt very hard to take down unless he has his pretend gf medics pocket carrot up his ass 24/7
or the black box

nah. both can be taken down pretty easy if they don't have an uber or the vaccinator to shield from bullets.

I swear to god some people are using crit hacks. yesterday, this guy would always roll a crit whenever I was about to kill him. every single time

I swear to god some people are using crit hacks. yesterday, this guy would always roll a crit whenever I was about to kill him. every single time
"luck always beats skill"

yeah im quite sure that exists, something that charges up a crit, makes it so the server can't detect that your crits are hacked due to the cooldown