Author Topic: Elevators that work? (SOLVED)  (Read 3628 times)

Seeing how kalph's elevators are a simple platform that would ascend/descend a monotone shaft, would it not be a better idea just to make multiple "elevator rooms" that use setplayertransform, especially since zone events had the update that allowed for oninzone for multiple people?  That's what I have done.

http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=116160.0

These are the exact ones that broke, or am I missing something

Seeing how kalph's elevators are a simple platform that would ascend/descend a monotone shaft, would it not be a better idea just to make multiple "elevator rooms" that use setplayertransform, especially since zone events had the update that allowed for oninzone for multiple people?  That's what I have done.

Pretty much what I did for my elevators now, but I did not know about the zone events.

I see this as taking the easy way out. Eventing an elevator platform to legitimately work is three times the eventing work but is three times as impressive. I prefer the actual process of stepping onto a platform and getting taken upwards rather than just appearing at the various levels.

You're right. The element that he made the platforms were made out of was removed with V21, that's why elevators won't spawn. So technically all someone has to do is replace the element that the events go searching for with a different platform (just a flat texture surface, shouldn't be too hard...) and it should be good, right?
Dude. I just said their made out of static shapes and not interiors.

Quote from: Kalphiter's Elevator Code
   %this.elevatorGlass = new StaticShape()
   {
       rotation = "1 0 0 90";
       scale = 4*(%this.getDatablock().brickSizeX/8) @" 1 "@ 4*(%this.getDatablock().brickSizeY/8);
       position = %this.getPosition();
       canSetIFLs = "0";
       datablock = "glassA";
       elevatorBrick = %this;
       indestructable = true;
   };

It would be nice for someone to model a whole elevator. you can go inside a "box" and buttons that are coded could work to switch floors. Like real life.

%this.elevatorGlass = new StaticShape()
   {
       rotation = "1 0 0 90";
       scale = 4*(%this.getDatablock().brickSizeX/8) @" 1 "@ 4*(%this.getDatablock().brickSizeY/8);
       position = %this.getPosition();
       canSetIFLs = "0";
       datablock = "glassA";
       elevatorBrick = %this;
       indestructable = true;
   };

That  datablock was part of the bedroom.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2012, 06:38:33 AM by Darkmaster20 »

I see this as taking the easy way out. Eventing an elevator platform to legitimately work is three times the eventing work but is three times as impressive. I prefer the actual process of stepping onto a platform and getting taken upwards rather than just appearing at the various levels.

I find eventing elevators to be quite simple. I'll make an easy demonstration.

The save requires JVS for the elevator door, and the setplayertransform event.

I find eventing elevators to be quite simple. I'll make an easy demonstration.

The save requires JVS for the elevator door, and the setplayertransform event.

And then any added sounds, light effects, number displays, and ontalk variable input.

But my point is that it's not an interior.

So then all that has to be done is update the elevators with a definition for the datablock, and the glass model and texture packaged with the add-on.
Or even better make a better model

Heh. I was under the imperssion that since it was part of the bedroom it was interior. My mistake.

Kalph's elevators have indeed broken.

They were made out of an interior.
JLLCNHSjfdo<AJWFOJWaf

sodjahwoduh
ofwhai

omg
are you serious

My underground superduper car garage is broken now and I can't teleport vehicles :(

My underground superduper car garage is broken now and I can't teleport vehicles :(
So is your giant spaceship.

So is your giant spaceship.
Oh forget now you meantion it.
DEATH TO V21.