Author Topic: The Steam Greenlight Thread - Stop making individual threads  (Read 5051 times)

You don't have time to read things but you have time to watch a million stuffty lets players?
ahem

Every game I've voted for (up or down) was because I was browsing the several different games on there. There's lots of nice ones that I've never heard about. It's sad to see that some games really don't get any attention because people only vote for things that other people tell them to. (example, megascience)

Put Slender: Source as one those highlights.

No one told me to vote for anything. They never did. I said I voted what I know about. I did not downvote anything at all. I only upvoted if I wanted. I am doing nothing wrong.

I wasn't targeting just you, you're just contributing to the problem of certain games only actually being seen because you don't look yourself.

I haven't seen anyone around here mention some of these very nice looking games:

Folk Tale
Awesome Fools
Waiting for Hours
Secrets of Grindia

Probably many more that I haven't stumbled on yet.
All of these games are sitting at about 0-3%, while many games are at about 5-6% just because some 'famouse' people on youtube looked at them.

Edit: Actually, all the ones I've listed are at 0-1%.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 02:59:58 PM by Chrono »

I saw this game called "Slender: Source" on there which had 12% when I checked. I think I might have heard of it once ever, but I don't see why it is so popular. Are people just upvoting the name "Slender?"

Also, I don't have time go go through all these game. I'm not the kind of person to vaguely know a game and be okay. I either know a game or I don't. If you see how I talk about Minecraft, you wouldn't really believe I only came in at Beta 1.8 of it. I'm strange like that, and I'd rather not be strange in 50 places at once.

My current updated list:

Bloody Trapland - Very hard traps, as the name suggests.
McPixel - Quirky, somewhat funny puzzle game.
Organ Trail - Game about traveling to safety across a zombie infested country.
Cry of Fear - Very fun horror mod. He put he wants it on Steam just so it's easier to access and install. It will always be free.
Haunted Investigations - A game about the supernatural with an odd backstory. Yes, the game game is built on low definition models and such, but that helps heir to the eerie creepiness of it.
Kairo - AriaBlarg / Perrin (Creator). Perrin donated an early build of the game to Aria to stream once months ago, and I got to watch that while he helped via chat. Since then, I've talked with him several times, as well as people he knows. :D

In terms of the game, it heirs back to the days of Myst, Zork, etc. The art style could give you nostalgia, but the strange thing is this is a fully rendered environment, whereas back then this would have been panorama stills. Gives you that... awesome feeling.
Blockscape - Although this could be called a Minecraft clone, I do like the creativity you can accomplish - at least in those screenshots. I don't think it'd be too popular, but I think it would be good for Steam. :)
Paranormal - It isn't an amazing game, not a ton of replay value, but if the price is low enough, I support it for Steam sale. Although I don't expect this guy to put it up for free, sadly.

This guy needs to be banned?

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198028522155/myworkshopfiles/?section=greenlight&numperpage=30
« Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 07:35:03 PM by MegaScientifical »

Also, I don't have time go go through all these game. I'm not the kind of person to vaguely know a game and be okay. I either know a game or I don't. If you see how I talk about Minecraft, you wouldn't really believe I only came in at Beta 1.8 of it. I'm strange like that, and I'd rather not be strange in 50 places at once.
I'm not asking you to buy all these games and love the stuff out of them. I'm saying that it would be nice if they would get upvoted and mentioned at least once.

This is why community voting is stuff. People just follow their idols around and vote for what they like. People will downvote something just because they don't want to buy it even though they acknowledge it's a good game. You can take a quick glance at some of the random games on there and say "that looks neat", upvote it, and never look at it again, or hey, decide to move out of your comfort zone and actually like it.

Using Greenlight as a wishlist.
?  Those are real things by that real developer.

Found the best game ever.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=93488844

Aw it got banned... :'C

Using Greenlight as a wishlist.
Um, the official developer added all of those. Check out the profile.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 10:13:40 PM by Chrono »

Um, the official developer added all of those. Check out the profile.
Are you sure he's the head developer and not a publisher/employee?

Strange, looked at their site and no they did not develop the games, just published.

They could have permission to upload them though. There's games already on steam under the name of the publishers anyways.

Are you sure he's the head developer and not a publisher/employee?
You don't know how games work, do you?  It's the publisher, they publish the games.  They're publishing those games.

I'm not asking you to buy all these games and love the stuff out of them. I'm saying that it would be nice if they would get upvoted and mentioned at least once.

This is why community voting is stuff. People just follow their idols around and vote for what they like. People will downvote something just because they don't want to buy it even though they acknowledge it's a good game. You can take a quick glance at some of the random games on there and say "that looks neat", upvote it, and never look at it again, or hey, decide to move out of your comfort zone and actually like it.

Well, this also goes back to another problem I was having - Every time I go back onto my list, the order of games has seemingly randomized. I can't see everything because the second I click off the list, going back has the whole thing rearranged. It's a pain in the ass to see games when whenever I click one, the others scatter across all pages, checked or unchecked.

Found the best game ever.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=93488844

Wow...