2012/09/08 - Blockland r1730

Author Topic: 2012/09/08 - Blockland r1730  (Read 46452 times)

Why did you make admins affected by flood protection?

Just going to post this here since the original shader topic is locked. Seems about right.

From what I understand the resolution of shadows for each setting is as follows:
Low1024*2=2048
Medium2048*3=6144
High2048*4=8192
Very High2048*5=10240
Max2048*6=12288

But I have a feeling this is wrong. I'm kind of confused about the resolution for shadows being 1024 or 2048, but being rendered twice, or three times, or so on...
What exactly does that mean? What's the specific resolution of shadows for each setting?

All chat mods are basically garbage.  I recommend removing them.
chat sounds?

:S

Just going to post this here since the original shader topic is locked. Seems about right.

From what I understand the resolution of shadows for each setting is as follows:
Low1024*2=2048
Medium2048*3=6144
High2048*4=8192
Very High2048*5=10240
Max2048*6=12288

But I have a feeling this is wrong. I'm kind of confused about the resolution for shadows being 1024 or 2048, but being rendered twice, or three times, or so on...
What exactly does that mean? What's the specific resolution of shadows for each setting?

Could there be 2 different settings that adjust both values which determine the shader quality?

2048 still seems to be a bit low for me. Or would 4096 be way out of reach for Blockland?

Also kompressor: Shadow Aliasing. Use it.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2012, 11:56:59 AM by Randomness »

I think you mean ANTI-Aliasing, Randomness.

Could there be 2 different settings that adjust both values which determine the shader quality?

2048 still seems to be a bit low for me. Or would 4096 be way out of reach for Blockland?

Also kompressor: Shadow Aliasing. Use it.

Yeah, I'm definitely wrong about the resolutions. It seems there are only 1024 and 2048. I don't understand what rendering the frame multiple times does though exactly. Wouldn't it be easier to just select the shadow resolution?

Badspot

• Administrator
Not trying to be rude here by just posting links, but it's a complicated subject.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shadow_mapping
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ee416307%28v=vs.85%29.aspx (Blockland use fit to scene, interval based selection)

Oh no that's fine. Thank you very much!

That's what i'd like. :c
Buy a Mac Mini, it's portable and it has a 6630M that's able to run shaders on low to minimum

One thing: Install Windows 7 on it.

Or... you know... if you're buying something for gaming...

Don't get a Mac?

Or... you know... if you're buying something for gaming...

Don't get a Mac?
so much this

Buy a Mac Mini, it's portable and it has a 6630M that's able to run shaders on low to minimum

One thing: Install Windows 7 on it.
Why the forget would you buy a mac, their overpriced and you could basically buy a computer/laptop that has the same specs for a lower price and possibly even works better and is more compatible with devices.

Why the forget would you buy a mac, their overpriced and you could basically buy a computer/laptop that has the same specs for a lower price and possibly even works better and is more compatible with devices.
Ever heard of being forced into it because your father is a Mac supremacist?
I'm sorry, but I use a Mac, and I'm stuck with the same problems until probably christmas.