8 (12.1%)
Fallout Tactics
1 (1.5%)
Fallout 3
25 (37.9%)
Fallout: New Vegas
30 (45.5%)

Total Members Voted: 66

Author Topic: Fallout Megathread: Reboot  (Read 12755 times)

www.steamcommunity.com/id/Pizza-Man/

i bought new vegas day it came out, never had the chance to buy any dlc. gift all dlc plox.k.thx.

Fallout 3 has a better gameworld, New vegas' game world is dull.

And i don't like fallout 1 and 2 at all.
Fallout 3 had an awful game world. None of the lore was there, it was insanely linear, and the amount of quests were pitiful.
No, seriously, look at Fallout 3s quests compared to the quests in New Vegas.
I like how Fallout New Vegas DLC's have some side story that mentions the other Courier.
yeah, I really loved the Lonesome Road. I know it was linear, and there wasnt much to it, but it genuinely made me sad.

Honest Hearts was a pretty fun experience because I couldn't grab all of my extreme high tier stuff as you have a limit of 100 pounds equipment.
Can't you bypass that limit with Strong back though?

Guess who just bought New Vegas: Ultimate Edition for Xbox 360?  :cookieMonster:

I have FO: NV on my PS3 with all DLC, I beat them all except Lonesome Road because its lags like forget! Not to mention all the things I had to redo because of not saving before randomly crashing.

I just met Three Dog again for the first time since 2008 c:

I'm so glad my new computer can run Fallout 3 because it is totes awesome

I have FO: NV on my PS3 with all DLC, I beat them all except Lonesome Road because its lags like forget! Not to mention all the things I had to redo because of not saving before randomly crashing.
So get it on PC.
I first played NV on my PS3 and it was fine.
On PC its flawless.

woo
gonna play honest hearts, then dead money, then old world blues, then lonesome road

Fallout 3 had an awful game world. None of the lore was there, it was insanely linear, and the amount of quests were pitiful.
No, seriously, look at Fallout 3s quests compared to the quests in New Vegas.yeah, I really loved the Lonesome Road. I know it was linear, and there wasnt much to it, but it genuinely made me sad.
fallout's game word was interesting as hell, It had so many towns with interesting stories, New vegas is all about new vegas and new vegas isn't interesting at all.

woo
gonna play honest hearts, then dead money, then old world blues, then lonesome road

-snip-
heres a question to those who have old world blues, did anyone think it was extremely hard? I found myself dying all the time.

fallout's game word was interesting as hell, It had so many towns with interesting stories, New vegas is all about new vegas and new vegas isn't interesting at all.
what the hell are you talking about?
The amount of villages in New Vegas is far superior to fallout 3s. And, if you've even played New Vegas, you would know that it is full of interesting plots and people, in fact, New Vegas is a very small portion of the game.
I'm starting to think you haven't even played NV.

I loved Fallout 3, if only because it was the first open world game I ever played. I liked the graphics and the story, even at its worst parts( looking at you, awkward greenish tint).

However, while I still enjoyed New Vegas, I felt like it was an unfinished port of Fallout 3. Why did Pork and Beans still weigh a pound? Why did we need only 7 or 8 voice actors? Why did some of the scripted moments feel so obviously scripted? Where were the raiders? Why is everything orange? I just felt like it broke a bit too far from what they did in F3, but still managed to keep the annoying parts.

However, while I still enjoyed New Vegas, I felt like it was an unfinished port of Fallout 3. Why did Pork and Beans still weigh a pound? Why did we need only 7 or 8 voice actors? Why did some of the scripted moments feel so obviously scripted? Where were the raiders? Why is everything orange? I just felt like it  broke a bit too far from what they did in F3, but still managed to keep the annoying parts.
First of all, a can of beans weighs a pound in game, because a can of beans weighs a pound in real life. Shocking, I know. Voice actors are a budget thing, but I am still disapointed in obsidian for not hiring more. Too much money is spent on high ticket actors, when a majority of gamers don't even care who the voice actor is. Raiders in New Vegas were replaced with several other gangs like the vipers, fiends, or even powder gangers. New Vegas is orange because of the same reason 3 is green (if you have a PC, get fellout, it fixes that). Finally, the reason New Vegas is different is because the team who worked on the originals developed it. New Vegas, if anything, is just fallout 2 but in the first person.

I feel FO3 has a better atmosphere of it actually being a wasteland. NV feels more controlled (The factions controlling the territory and protecting it), more paradise like (After all, it is vegas). And that the game starts you off a little easier.

In FO3 I have a harder time keeping ammo/supplies at a steady or sustainable level early on. Though I have a lot of mods for it, and make it a little harder.

But NV had better mechanics and such.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2012, 12:17:16 AM by Sabbin »

Can't you bypass that limit with Strong back though?
No it's a preset limit. According to the caravan leader dude the climb to Zion wouldn't be possible with too much gear.
But you can go back to vegas without any weight limit.

No it's a preset limit. According to the caravan leader dude the climb to Zion wouldn't be possible with too much gear.
But you can go back to vegas without any weight limit.
Isnt there a speech check that allows you to have more?