Poll

REVOKE?!

Yes
254 (70.2%)
No
108 (29.8%)

Total Members Voted: 361

Author Topic: Petition to revoke Ephialtes' adminship  (Read 27306 times)

I actually think Badspot could consider because Ephialtes is leaving his service and the game.

In before Ephialtes bans us all from RTB and the forums and removes all traces of this topic.
Screenshot it all before it's too late!

If Badspot bans Ephi for making a leaving post, how much lol would that be?

If Badspot bans Ephi for making a leaving post, how much lol would that be?
OH. MY. GOD. LOL

Noedit:
Lol forget no.  I can only remember maybe one "petition" that maybe worked.  There's no guarantee or reason for Badspot to actually honor any petition.  It just shows how much the members get together for some cause but in the end they don't do jack stuff because it's always up to Badspot.

Being on the forums isn't a right, it's a privilege.  Sure "you don't fling stuff at people at your own party just because it's your party" but again they are the forum moderators/administrators and we are the members.  There's very little you/we can do.
Badspot needs people to be on the forums, because it increases the amount of views that Blockland will get, and in turn affects his income. If people are absolutely fed up with Ephialtes to the point of leaving, Badspot has to do something about it. That's not to say anyone has left over it yet, but if Badspot lets Ephialtes go on being a giant starfish and making people pissed the forget off, stuff is gonna go down eventually.

Pissing someone off so minorly like that deserves a full permanent ban from a service? Yep. Totally right.
It does.

Ephialtes created a free service for Blockland. This service is considered almost essential by a lot of people because it brings a lot of great things to the game. The amount of work that went into it is absurdly huge.

In response to this. Users feel that it is acceptable behavior to use his free service in order to harass him. They criticize minor elements of it in the most obnoxious way. There is a difference between constructive criticism and being nasty. A lot of people are just nasty.

If people really thought my service was bad enough to be a jerk to me, I might just relieve them of having to use it.

I actually think Badspot could consider because Ephialtes is leaving his service and the game.
I seemed to have missed this... can someone fill me in please?

It does.

Ephialtes created a free service for Blockland. This service is considered almost essential by a lot of people because it brings a lot of great things to the game. The amount of work that went into it is absurdly huge.

In response to this. Users feel that it is acceptable behavior to use his free service in order to harass him. They criticize minor elements of it in the most obnoxious way. There is a difference between constructive criticism and being nasty. A lot of people are just nasty.

If people really thought my service was bad enough to be a jerk to me, I might just relieve them of having to use it.
i don't agree but it's your opinion

It does.

There's no reason he has to be a moderator. There have been plenty of great add-ons for the game with creators that were never even close to being a forum moderator.

I seemed to have missed this... can someone fill me in please?
link is on the OP

There's no reason he has to be a moderator. There have been plenty of great add-ons for the game with creators that were never even close to being a forum moderator.
Once again, a response to only one part of the OP. The part about being banned from RTB.

It does.

imo this is a very valid point.

TBM
Better than rtb

link is on the OP
So he's leaving temporarily?  Well that's odd but I guess he's moving on to bigger and better things.  Or maybe he is tired of the drama.

Ephialtes' behavior and ugly demeanor are both things I dislike about him. It is very unprofessional of him, and I notice similar qualities in Lub. However, they aren't going to get anything of theirs revoked. Ever. I know this 100%. Badspot is not simply going to throw out someone who's probably one of his best friends in this community. Bisjac is probably an even closer friend of his. He's said himself he checks up on badspot's kids and gets his mail for him. He's like his next door neighbor practically. However, considering the community's current size, as like a town where everyone knows one another, it is more appropriate for him to treat others this way (yes, I do believe this). He can get away with it.

This situation is much different for bigger game communities such as Roblox or Minecraft. Those community moderators HAVE to be professional. If they're mistreating and berating little kids on their forums, they could easily lose their job. It's not the same here. Ephialtes is probably not paid by badspot, and he can insult anyone here without worrying about something like a lawsuit from an angry parent.