Author Topic: Why curing cancer is a bad idea  (Read 20883 times)

Correct me if Im wrong (I may be thinking of something else)

But every time we find a "cure" for cancer, it changes so it wont be killed off.
Cancer is constantly mutating, correct. However there are methods to isolate it from the rest of our bodies.

I agree with every single of sir dooble's points.

But where do you think people who have power come from?

Many come from upbringings like you and I.

Well... if you learn to control your feelings and look at this propsed situation with purely intellectual eyes you would actually contribute to this debate.  Instead of joining the other dozen people who already called him heartless.
You and the op only look at the world on the surface. Not on the inside.

There is a lot more to a person rather than just being a "person".

While overpopulation is an upcoming problem, stopping the search for vital cures/vaccines is the most loving handicapped idea I've ever heard. What do we do? Let them all die slowly? Euthanasia? There would be major protest, I'm talking firebombing and stuff. No.
There is Mars for a reason.

Terra forming forget yeah.

Even though that would take awhile, but oh well.
I'm not sure how accurate this is, but Discovery said the whole process could take 500-600 years. If only Christopher Colombus ended up on Mars. :C

Well... if you learn to control your feelings and look at this propsed situation with purely intellectual eyes you would actually contribute to this debate.  Instead of joining the other dozen people who already called him heartless.
OK then! I'll remove a few words from my former statement to shut you up:

OP hasn't got cancer, he doesn't know what that must be like. If you had cancer, you'd want a cure for sure. Stop looking at humanity as a population: every single person has a story and a life to live.

Now I removed the "you're heartless", what's your defence?

no we cant send people to mars cause i want to get all the centipedes/millipedes/earwigs and put them in a rocket ship and send them to mars cause i dont like centipedes/millipedes/earwigs

I think Muzzles saw that there are some possible things to worry about in life, such as the economy, spread of wealth, overpopulation, disease and lack of work.

But, he saw that cancer can in some way, even if in a way not entirely thought through, can link to all of these.
And he put the solution down to cancer.

I think it's a case of Muzzles seeing one thing and then an effect, but not realising that it wasn't the cause.

Correct me if Im wrong (I may be thinking of something else)

But every time we find a "cure" for cancer, it changes so it wont be killed off.
We've not found a "cure" as such in any regards.
We have numerous treatments, such as many drugs in chemotherapy, and then radition techniques in radiotherapy, and more.
In many cases they can cause cancer to recede, or to be destroyed entirely, or they can slow down the growth, or they have no effect.

There's no real cure, since a cure would suggest something that gets rid of cancer and prevents it from coming back. Which even if you lose cancer, it can still return.
There are many treatments however, but cancer is so varied and the people who get it are so varied, and the scenario around the cancer are so varied, that it's very difficult to ensure that one treatment will work for every case.

I'm not sure how accurate this is, but Discovery said the whole process could take 500-600 years. If only Christopher Colombus ended up on Mars. :C
Better start now lol.

december 21st 2012 should get rid of the dimmer ones anyway

as mega-bear put it a while ago, overpopulation will fix that way ;)  :cookieMonster:

december 21st 2012 should get rid of the dimmer ones anyway

as mega-bear put it a while ago, overpopulation will fix that way ;)  :cookieMonster:
the raptur is cuming kill urself to go to heven!!!

you dont have to terraform before you start settling there
people would live in domes and etc
terraforming would come later

snip
large posts are no fun to read when you're slightly drunk :panda: but what I did read was good
will try to remember ot read all of it later

@ OP

As much as I disagree that curing cancer is a bad idea...

Hai Muzmuz, luff yew. <3

Cancer is constantly mutating, correct.

No it's not.
Cancer doesn't work like that.

you're wrong

We have never found a cure for cancer, only ways to prevent it or fight it off in early stages.  

But I think you are correct in thinking diseases adapt.  This is an accepted fact.

You and the op only look at the world on the surface. Not on the inside.

There is a lot more to a person rather than just being a "person".

But that's not what we are examining.  We are looking at ways this situation would effect the world.  Never was there a plan to implement this horrible idea.  

OK then! I'll remove a few words from my former statement to shut you up:

Now I removed the "you're heartless", what's your defence?

I'm not defending anything except maybe a pure debate.  You still contributed nothing to this debate as before.  Dozens of others have said the same thing.