Author Topic: Why Being Gay is a Choice  (Read 18219 times)

I think its influenced by environmental factors
at least I don't have to feel like I'm the starfish trying to have an argumentative discussion when everyone is against me.

I've read somewhere that by the age of five, at the absolute latest, it's set in stone.
so are you agreeing with me that it develops after birth and is not predetermined?
« Last Edit: October 21, 2012, 04:47:44 PM by Littledude »

Of course for some people it is a choice to be gay, but for people who have been gay their whole lives it is not a choice.

Being gay is a genetic thing, as evidenced by the different facial muscular tension seen in gay males as compared to straight males

Of course for some people it is a choice to be gay, but for people who have been gay their whole lives it is not a choice.

Being gay is a genetic thing, as evidenced by the different facial muscular tension seen in gay males as compared to straight males
how can you definitively say that when people 1000x smarter than yourself debate it constantly?

also, whatever you just said is definitely complete bullstuff for reasons below.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2012, 04:52:49 PM by Littledude »

I don't think I look any more gay than all my straight classmates

Yeah I was going to comment on that also. I know plenty of gay people who dont look any different. Actually I cant think of any that do look different aside from the ones that wear makeup

Yeah I was going to comment on that also. I know plenty of gay people who dont look any different. Actually I cant think of any that do look different aside from the ones that wear makeup
^

so are you agreeing with me that it develops after birth and is not predetermined?
No, I'm saying that it's almost definitely purely genetic, but if it's even slightly environmental, the situation OP described still isn't Andrew becoming gay. On the other hand, OP thinks being gay is a choice, so he very well might be five.

how can you definitively say that when people 1000x smarter than yourself debate it constantly?
i dunno.  it's a fact though, i know for certain.
i've studied facial expressions for a couple years now and I can pretty much tell for certain a gay guy from a straight guy

you know how you look at a person and just kind of assume he's gay?  "gaydar" as they say?  that's because of their muscular facial tension

When I say I think its environmental I dont mean at 15 your girlfriend will break up with you and you suddenly turn gay, I mean its developed during childhood.

i've studied facial expressions for a couple years now and I can pretty much tell for certain a gay guy from a straight guy
you know how you look at a person and just kind of assume he's gay?  "gaydar" as they say?  that's because of their muscular facial tension
I'd be willing to bet a lot of money that you wouldn't be able to tell I was gay just by looking at my face

No, I'm saying that it's almost definitely purely genetic, but if it's even slightly environmental, the situation OP described still isn't Andrew becoming gay. On the other hand, OP thinks being gay is a choice, so he very well might be five.
I'd like/hate to meet a five year old who wants to argue about homoloveuality being a choice, sure there are those who are told its a choice at that age and believe it the same way they believe in santa, but I doubt there is one that would actually apply some kind of reasoning to the situation.

i dunno.  it's a fact though, i know for certain.i've studied facial expressions for a couple years now and I can pretty much tell for certain a gay guy from a straight guy

you know how you look at a person and just kind of assume he's gay?  "gaydar" as they say?  that's because of their muscular facial tension
you are a huge stubborn know it all friend.

.i've studied facial expressions for a couple years now

Uhm
what

I love how the internet cares so much about defending loveuality.
Yeah, OP's stupid, now that I've cleared that up, you can all move along now.

When I say I think its environmental I dont mean at 15 your girlfriend will break up with you and you suddenly turn gay, I mean its developed during childhood.

This.

I'd like/hate to meet a five year old who wants to argue about homoloveuality being a choice, sure there are those who are told its a choice at that age and believe it the same way they believe in santa, but I doubt there is one that would actually apply some kind of reasoning to the situation.
I was basically just saying he's an idiot.

I love how the internet cares so much about defending loveuality.
Yeah, OP's stupid, now that I've cleared that up, you can all move along now.
Yeah, how dare we defend equality and truth!