Author Topic: Why Being Gay is a Choice  (Read 18203 times)

you idiot, he means a gene that controls loveuality.
what?
genes don't work like that, genes have properties which are derived from a combination of your parents genes.
So for someone to be gay one of there parents would have to be gay or be a carrier for homoloveuality.
take biology before discussing this

basically for their to be a loveuality gene, being straight/gay would be a condition, which doesn't make sense because its just a part of one's personality.

also people seem to exclude the possibility of it not being a choice but just being a product of your environment like most other personality traits
« Last Edit: October 21, 2012, 03:54:27 PM by Littledude »

Someone already said this but it bears repeating.
THAT SOMEONE IS STALKING ME, HELP! D:
[Citation Needed]

ITT: family men and idiots

nobody wakes up one day and decides to love richard

ITT: family men and idiots

nobody wakes up one day and decides to love richard

I assume it took Andrew a year or so to change.

what?
genes don't work like that, genes have properties which are derived from a combination of your parents genes.
So for someone to be gay one of there parents would have to be gay or be a carrier for homoloveuality.
take biology before discussing this

basically for their to be a loveuality gene, being straight/gay would be a condition, which doesn't make sense because its just a part of personality.

also people seem to exclude the possibility of it not being a choice but just being a product of your environment.
i never said there was a gene, i was explaining his post. i also know for a fact that loveuality is not a product of environment.

i never said there was a gene, i was explaining his post. i also know for a fact that loveuality is not a product of environment.
I understood his post the same way you explained it.

how do you know that exactly?

also jesus loving I hate myself for getting involved in these goddamn threads

I assume it took Andrew a year or so to change.

You don't "change"

Just remember kids, some people are also genetically pre-dispositioned to be drug addicts and murderers

I understood his post the same way you explained it.

how do you know that exactly?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Reimer

David Reimer was raised as a girl and developed loveually as a male. Even with female hormone treatment.

You don't "change"

>Not afraid of bees! Nope not a bit!
>Gets stung
>HOLY MACARONI THAT HURTS
>Stays away from bees. Develops fear of bees. Changed.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Reimer

David Reimer was raised as a girl and developed loveually as a male. Even with female hormone treatment.
that's completely different.
he was born male and they just told him he was female, that has nothing to do with wanting to forget the same love

also jesus loving I hate myself for getting involved in these goddamn threads

forget it. I was about to post what I honestly think about this, and also reply to Dodger's post - but after reading this I decided not to. I would just be getting myself into a load of handicapped bullstuff. Thanks, Littledude.

that's completely different.
he was born male and they just told him he was female, that has nothing to do with wanting to forget the same love
they told him he wanted to have love with men. he did not.

do you see what i'm getting at with all the "not connected to his environment" stuff?

now we're comparing being scared of bees to loving richards

yeah this is going really well -_-

now we're comparing being scared of bees to loving richards

yeah this is going really well -_-

It makes sense because bees have richards.