2012/10/24 - Blockland r1749

Author Topic: 2012/10/24 - Blockland r1749  (Read 41141 times)

Why are even arguing about this.

There are too much small parts in such a little space. I'm pretty sure it would look better if it was larger.

There are a few reasons for the skull being the size it is.

Mainly it's so that when you put skulls next to each other you can tell where one skull ends and another begins.

If they completely filled up the 1x1 space they would fuse together and look crappy.

The other more important reason for being this size is hats.

Everyone loves hats.

It's an unofficial group, I and some other guy run it.

The point is your entire argument was handily destroyed and now you're being deliberately oblivious.  Two nostril holes is a valid way to depict a skull.  End of story.
My argument wasn't that you can't depict a skull with nostrils.
The 2003 skull somewhat works because the nostrils are shaped like the hole in a real skull, but I still think it doesn't look as good as the 1995 skull.

if you can make it look good, then of course nostrils are valid. I'm not trying to tell anyone what they can and can't do.
I was just trying to explain why I think the current Blockland skull looks weird.

i think the skull looks great and fits really well

nice job baddy/rot

My argument wasn't that you can't depict a skull with nostrils.
The 2003 skull somewhat works because the nostrils are shaped like the hole in a real skull, but I still think it doesn't look as good as the 1995 skull.

if you can make it look good, then of course nostrils are valid. I'm not trying to tell anyone what they can and can't do.
I was just trying to explain why I think the current Blockland skull looks weird.

why don't you just point out how our heads, necks and torsos are squares, too?

why the hell are you questioning realism in a game where we have floating limbs on our characters? why?

why don't you just point out how our heads, necks and torsos are squares, too?

why the hell are you questioning realism in a game where we have floating limbs on our characters? why?
it sounds like you think building only one wing on an aeroplane looks just as good as building two wings since it's not real anyway

how about building the wings backwards? Dude it's all squares and floating hands anyway

no this is not some hardcore argument against what stuff should look like. I just think the skull looks odd.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 06:37:33 AM by Nymethus »

Blockheads sure do have a thick layer of skin on top of their skull.

YES! Finally a plain door. There's never been one. All the available doors have either been some special one, uses some sort of window or interior doors. Finally a door for all-round use.

is precipitation ever going to be added to enviromental controls? it seriously sucks having to load 2 presets and having them be the only two maps with precipitation
also yeah my jvs works but my default doors have literally never worked in the time we've had them -- they have the events loaded and everything seems fine, support_doors is enabled, but they don't open or close no matter what I do. have i missed something?

is precipitation ever going to be added to enviromental controls? it seriously sucks having to load 2 presets and having them be the only two maps with precipitation
Do want.

The other more important reason for being this size is hats.

Everyone loves hats.
haha

Why does the afro skull have dark ski- bones?