2012/10/26 - Obj to Blb Converter

Author Topic: 2012/10/26 - Obj to Blb Converter  (Read 92633 times)

Trying to get it working with Wine for Mac. No success so far.

To all people with issues Exporting from blender 2.6x, Here's the solution to exporting it and letting it function.
Step 1.
Remove the camera and light from the scene
Step 2.
Use These Options when exporting*

Step 3.
Run the program
Step 4
Enjoy

(The tiny and verticle issue was my fault.**)

*Change Up to whatever direction is the top of your model, and front to whatever the front of your model is. Make sure you also selected all your meshes!
**Make sure you use CTRL A to apply any scaling and rotations you made.

Side note: A Standard 1x1 Brick (Not a plate!) is .5, .5, .6 Blender units. THESE ARE THE DIMENSIONS! NOT THE SCALE!
« Last Edit: October 27, 2012, 10:21:08 AM by Alphadin »

-snarp-
tytyty
By the way, how does one rotate the view in blender ...?
I though it was MMB but that does nothing :c

-wrong-
The 1x1x1 brick size is 1.0 1.0 1.2 in Blender units and 1x1f plate is 1.0 1.0 0.4. (Or the default cube scaled 0.5 and 1.2 Z for 1x1x1.)
(1x1x1 is 0.5 0.5 0.6 Blender units when using 3dtoblb or obj2blb.)

The model needs to sit on top the grid.

Origin of the model (and COLLISION objects) needs to be at the center of the BOUNDS object which defines the size of the brick. (BOUNDS obviously needs to be something that fits the brick grid. The model can be whatever.) The origins need to be directly above the 3D cursor/world center. Otherwise the brick model will be offset.

Actual BLB mesh name doesn't matter.

COLLISION objects must be inside BOUNDS object. Any collision meshes outside BOUNDS will not work properly.

Only these settings are required for successful export. The "Selection Only" does exactly what it says on the tin. Use it if you have other stuff in the same .blend file as well. Just remember to select your brick and other necessary objects. The "Forward" and "Up" directions really depend on your model. Assuming a sensible model rotation (Pressing 1 on your keypad gives you a view of the brick that the player sees in game when planting.) Z Up and X Forward are the correct values. In other cases, trial and error.

Then simply dropping the OBJ file on top of the blbConverter.exe works fine.

Tested and working on Blender 2.64.

Protip: Ctrl + A and apply rotation and scale if your brick is messing up.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 11:22:05 AM by Demian »

trust demian, he uses tables

I got all of blockland default tools/weapons (Gun, Sword, Hammer, PaintCan, etc.) and used this converter on them and packaged them, lets see if it works.

Nope, it comes up as nothing.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2012, 01:47:35 PM by K3k0m@n »

I got all of blockland default tools/weapons (Gun, Sword, Hammer, PaintCan, etc.) and used this converter on them and packaged them, lets see if it works.

Nope, it comes up as nothing.
Make sure you included a bounding box and collision

Make sure you included a bounding box and collision
No idea how to make one.
I actually found the .blend files somewhere in my computer weeks ago, and I just used them on the converter.

Badspot could you allow BOUNDS1, BOUNDS2, etc it would really help when making multiple bricks at once.

Arrgghh...

I made these model rail road tracks N-Scale. I did rotate it already. I still work on  rotate and move correct. How I can fix these all face? I still not understand why they act like that? I has not add collision box yet. Becuase I not know how add collision box at google sketchup models. I hope someone willing be nice help me with these. Aslo I did removed all the textures.

They act like that because they aren't quads
Those have 18 vertices, how ya expect them to work?

i'm attempting to make a simple staircase using this, but when I make the .blb, it comes out as a solid shape, and the collision block is representing what the bounds are supposed to be.

it's supposed to look like this:

my collision box is what the black lines are in the picture. the converter seems to be converting that along with the stairs object itself into a brick.

something I'm doing wrong here? (yes, i named it COLLISION)

Try COLLISION1.

i'm attempting to make a simple staircase using this, but when I make the .blb, it comes out as a solid shape, and the collision block is representing what the bounds are supposed to be.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/kkG51.png[img]

it's supposed to look like this:
[img]http://i.imgur.com/JU974.png[img]

my collision box is what the black lines are in the picture. the converter seems to be converting that along with the stairs object itself into a brick.

How do you even make a collision box?