Author Topic: 2012/10/26 - Obj to Blb Converter  (Read 98336 times)

I've tried modifying the file itself and I honestly can't even find where the bounding or collision boxes are.  There's that 1 2 9 at the top then the 1 followed by 2 points which seems to affect collisions but then it's not collisions or something because it just describes a single box from 0, 0, 0 to 1, 2, 9 but the collision shape is more complex than that and works just fine until I try to modify those values which breaks the collision but does nothing to the bounding box.  I look in the .blb for the open coffin and it has a more complex bounding box or collision or whatever that list of boxes is so I try to recreate similar boxes on mine and no matter what I do it just breaks the collisions and does nothing with the bounding boxes.  I try to fix it with that brick grid stuff in that blb format thread and it just results in a completely nonworking brick, so I have no idea what I'm doing wrong with this nor why I can't seem to figure out what's going on or what I'm doing that's different from what other people's accounts of what they're doing or descriptions of what I should be doing.  So, a bit of clear advice would be nice.

EDIT: OK I had COLLISIONs deselected when exporting so that settles that problem and the 2 collision boxes do appear at the top now, but the places where I can build on/in to are still wrong and I don't see what's different between my file and the open coffin file that you can build in to.

EDIT2: Finally got it working.  I had to change SPECIALBRICK to SPECIAL and it's fine now.  That's lretty obscure and not really clearly documented anywhere.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 04:24:13 AM by paulguy »

Total blender newb, but here's my attempt.  That model provided has way too much geometry to use, though.

Download (8165 bytes)

If yous want a smooth shaded one, I can upload that, but people here seem to prefer flat shading.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2012, 10:30:46 AM by paulguy »

Oh my.

Poly.

But omg thanks :)

i bet you feel really good being a smartass and just dropping a link like that.

i know what i'm talking about, seeing as i've already made a couple bricks, and as far as this .obj to .blb converter is concerned, the units are 1, 1, 1.2.
Oh dear. The thread is too old to modify. The Torque units to Blender units conversion rate depends entire on the converter used.

On OBJ2BLB and 3dtoblb 1x1x1 is indeed 0.5 0.5 0.6 in Blender.

Using this new blb converter 1x1x1 is 1 1 1.2 in Blender.

Also this: http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=212312.msg5984290#msg5984290
I apologize about that.

Oh my.

Poly.

But omg thanks :)
I was aiming for low poly count so it couldn't potentially get too laggy.  The smooth shaded version looks a bit better, but people seem to prefer the more "Blocko" look of the flat shading.

I was aiming for low poly count so it couldn't potentially get too laggy.  The smooth shaded version looks a bit better, but people seem to prefer the more "Blocko" look of the flat shading.
How could the duck produce any lag when 400 JVS doors don't?

JVS doors usually have a limit.  This doesn't.  You can place thousands of ducks with no complaints.

Total blender newb, but here's my attempt.  That model provided has way too much geometry to use, though.

Download (8165 bytes)

If yous want a smooth shaded one, I can upload that, but people here seem to prefer flat shading.
lol
but its good

JVS doors usually have a limit.  This doesn't.  You can place thousands of ducks with no complaints.
You can place a 64x64x8 block of Siba's clock bricks and people will start to FPS lag.

You can place a 64x64x8 block of Siba's clock bricks and people will start to FPS lag.
Yeah, that's 32,768.
thousands

Yeah, that's 32,768.
The brick is still high-poly compared to the others, though. :cookieMonster:

[img ]http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/1435/blockland00033.png[/img]

[url =http://paulguy.co.uk/Brick_Duck.zip]Download (8165 bytes)[/url]

I'm really sorry but holy stuff that thing is loving scary.

It.
STARES.

INTO.
MY.

SSSSOOOOUUUUULLLLL...