2012/10/26 - Obj to Blb Converter

Author Topic: 2012/10/26 - Obj to Blb Converter  (Read 98385 times)

Why the extra 0?
To add extra precision. To computers it doesn't matter, but it's an additional significant figure.

To add extra precision. To computers it doesn't matter, but it's an additional significant figure.
It's not needed if he says "exactly"

kalphiter only ever fights the good fight

Why the extra 0?
If I said that a measurement was 0.666666667, you would assume that it's pretty much two thirds. Granted, the number was .667, but extra specificity never hurt nobody, and the extra zero makes it absolutely undeniable that the number is anything but .6670

If I said that a measurement was 0.666666667, you would assume that it's pretty much two thirds. Granted, the number was .667, but extra specificity never hurt nobody, and the extra zero makes it absolutely undeniable that the number is anything but .6670
This is what I was going after. I was expecting the length to be 2/3rds but surprisingly it isn't.

Any progress on these?
I've been playing Blockland more recently and...

Unfortunately I'm debating on whether or not the project is worth the effort for Blockland.

I'll model a bit for the next week and see where things end up. I mostly wanted to do this just for modelling practice anyway, so odds are I'll probably finish it.
But yes, progress is happening; but it's rather slow due to RL getting in the way.

(making a topic so that I won't take up room for dev information here)
http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=220042.0
« Last Edit: January 22, 2013, 10:19:18 PM by J MASTER »

What does this do, exactly?
If you click on the exe it gives you free bricks
You drag a .obj file onto the .exe and you get a .blb file.

Does this mean that someone could create a whole map in .obj and turn it into a brick?

Does this mean that someone could create a whole map in .obj and turn it into a brick?
You're limited to 512 quads per brick.

You're limited to 512 quads per brick.
From what i've heard quads equal to studs. What if someone made a map into multiple pieces?

From what i've heard quads equal to studs.
They don't.

What if someone made a map into multiple pieces?
That would work.

From what i've heard quads equal to studs. What if someone made a map into multiple pieces?
A quad is a face.
A quad is also a 4 sided 2 dimensional shape

A 1x1 brick will have 6 quads. top, bottom, front, back, left, and right.
A 1x2 brick will have 6 quads
A 64x cube will have 6 quads
A ramp (assuming it's in the same style as the defaults, stud backing with a tiny lift at the start of the ramp) will have 9 quads

A quad is a face.
A quad is also a 4 sided 2 dimensional shape

A 1x1 brick will have 6 quads. top, bottom, front, back, left, and right.
A 1x2 brick will have 6 quads
A 64x cube will have 6 quads
A ramp (assuming it's in the same style as the defaults, stud backing with a tiny lift at the start of the ramp) will have 9 quads
Actually a 1x1x1 has 10 quads, 1x*x1 has 9 quads, and 1x*x* has 10 quads. All default ramps have 14 quads.