1 (2.3%)
Nintendocore/Chiptune
3 (7%)
Metalcore/Hardcore
6 (14%)
Black Metal
1 (2.3%)

Total Members Voted: 43

Author Topic: Metal Music Megathread - Sponsoring forum musicians now!  (Read 12583 times)

Bump in the name of the metal gods!

My friend brought his six string bass over to my house today. That stuff was awesome.
Cool, I know a guy who has a Les Paul Gibson that was left behind when he moved in.

Iron Maiden is my favorite group. They're pretty mainstream, so it hurts my hipster status that I don't have! :(

Iron Maiden is my favorite group. They're pretty mainstream, so it hurts my hipster status that I don't have! :(
I like their older stuff with Paul Dianno. Some of the older with Bruce and Blaze are good, but ever since Bruce came back almost their songs sound the same or sort of the same to me.

THE TONY DANZA TAPDANCE EXTRAVAGANZA
RXYZYXR
A.I.(d)

Chiptune Metal?  This intrigues me...

Chiptune Metal?  This intrigues me...
Probably dragonforce. They suck in my opinion.

Probably dragonforce. They suck in my opinion.
Actually that'd be Machinae Supremacy, they use the sound device from a Commodore 64 for synths

Dragonforce is just power metal with emphasis on POWER, and they are seriously loving awesome simply because of how over the top they are. Their newer stuff is less weebly and more good composition, and there's a new singer who has a somewhat lower voice, too. Still really good vocals.

make the poll multi select

The Metal gods demand another bump.

Chiptune Metal should be called Nintendocore instead because it sounds way cooler.  Btw I have been listening to it like all day.  Its so awesome!

Horse the Band

Machinae Supremacy

Anybody got any other bands that do this?  In the way of electrocore Attack Attack started that and Anberlin has begun doing that and it kinda sounds like Nintendocore.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 07:57:26 PM by snozola »

Dragonforce is just power metal with emphasis on POWER, and they are seriously loving awesome simply because of how over the top they are. Their newer stuff is less weebly and more good composition, and there's a new singer who has a somewhat lower voice, too. Still really good vocals.

I thought their guitarists suck live?

Also, White Walls is like a Dream Theatre song but cooler IMO

make the poll multi select

Didn't make this a poll topic at the start, can't do that, sorry

I'm very fond of some of Devin Townsend's works. Not sure what genre he goes in, though.

Addicted

Universe in a Ball (my personal favorite from Devin)

Numbered

There's also Frank Klepacki who does a lot of instrumental metal (metal without lyrics). He's another one of my favorite artists.

Kill (most badass song from him in my opinion)

Rage and Fury

Brain Dead

Also, White Walls is like a Dream Theatre song but cooler IMO

me gusta mucho...

me gusta mucho...

It gets uber awesome around 11 - 13 minutes

They're mainstream because they are awesome
« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 08:13:44 PM by Dodger »

There's also Frank Klepacki who does a lot of instrumental metal (metal without lyrics). He's another one of my favorite artists.
I remember him as the man behind the Command and Conquer soundtracks.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MmavaV1-2o
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfZeIYyL_Gw

Also I like this guys covers of the Aftermath and Edge of Darkness by Iron Madien.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJl2xK249_Q
« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 09:03:12 PM by Harm94 »