Author Topic: Corneroids - Update's out motha'uckas!!!!!  (Read 18605 times)

Wow, Somebody decided to release a free game for once!

Wow, Somebody decided to release a free game for once!

and not sell it as an alpha for a discounted price

It could do with gravity. Unless if i'm missing a block that makes it.

And what does that foot icon mean?

How do you get Thulium ore? Light cannons do less damage than personnel cannons? Wat.

How did you get blue blocks?
Titanium blocks.
How do you get Thulium ore? Light cannons do less damage than personnel cannons? Wat.
I'm guessing it's relative to it's size/armor of other ships? For future PvP maybe the heavier ones do more damage to armor than anti per. Idk
It could do with gravity. Unless if i'm missing a block that makes it.

The foot icon basically means you're tied to whatever's gravitational pull is nearby. If you're in your ship you'll move with it, same for asteroids if they move for whatever reason.

Um I got an error.
Storage initialization failed.
Can anyone help.

You can have multiple consoles right? Multiplayer is going to be awesome.

You're knotted to the object or vessel's moving trajectory and/or gravitational tug, meaning if a mobilized pillbox bounces off a block of dirt and starts spinning it'll take you for a disorienting ride.

Unless you manage to get the forget away from it of course.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2012, 11:47:09 AM by Cybertails1998 »

The player mass needs to be fixed. In Minecraft you could at least fit in a 1x1 sized hole while standing. I want to be able to make small roosterpits and other sizes because this is a real hindering to the dynamics of my ship.

Currently the player's width seems to be around 1.4 so you can just squeeze through diagonal 1 wide holes but I agree. The player really should be able to walk in 1 wide hallways.

Currently the player's width seems to be around 1.4 so you can just squeeze through diagonal 1 wide holes but I agree. The player really should be able to walk in 1 wide hallways.

you should actually be able to walk, it's weird how you can have all these cannons and lasers and generators but no gravity generator

I really hope they add planets, better gravity (like a huge asteroid pulling your ship too it), Suns, Solar systems, and more things to do besides mine and make a ship.
Other than that its pretty fun.

made my first ship, flew it to a new asteroid. kind of sketchy flight and i overshot it too but overall im satisfied
i forgot to account for the mass of the ship and center of balancer when adding turning and reverse thrusters so it kind of sucks but OH WELL

I retrofitted a 500 ton asteroid with ion thrusters. Now I have a spinning asteroid! You absolutely can not steer that thing. Center of gravity is way the forget off what I consider center. This game needs balancing thrusters to negate the CoG effect to some degree.

I also built a 6DoF ship. I call it The Explorer and I loving love it. Very light (58 tons), goes up to 15 ups in a few seconds, has all the crafting needs + lots of storage. The 3x3 energy core consists of 3 different types of reactors. There's 300 power left over too. The only downside is that it's very weak structurally but the steering is increadibly agile. You do need to be a little careful as turning/tilting in one direction too long will send you spinning. The thrusters are a tad bit too powerful. 48 thrusters in total.

Balanced symmetrical design. (The glass and crafting blocks weight barely anything so they do not affect steering.)

Targeting reticle for steering. It helps so much that you won't believe it until you try. Up direction has no glass so you can instantly orient yourself too.

Crafting, controls, and storage. I only have 3 chests on board because I'm a dirty cheater so I don't need any more space.

Oh look. It's 11PM. Where did the last +6 hours go.

i kind of thought this but does your ship have to be 100% balanced in 6 directions for it to move straight?

i sort of haphazardly put together a basic ship and flew it but it always curved down for some reason. It was sort of a 5x5x4 room (including walls) where everything was just aluminum wall but one wall had the generator, console, and two thrusters.