"Perennial" Prototype - Badspot's new game

Author Topic: "Perennial" Prototype - Badspot's new game  (Read 9267 times)

extra cool ones like what
noticed doublejumping and carrying boxes
You can't die in lava, but I wouldn't be so fascinated by that because it can get you stuck in some places.

If this gets Greenlighted before Blockland that will be hilarious and sad

sounds neat, hope itll be for macs sometime

If this gets Greenlighted before Blockland that will be hilarious and sad

It is stylized similarly to many other Greenlight entries, unlike Blockland which is 3D stuff in Torque. Of course this will push faster than Blockland. Everyone is looking for fancy design over sandbox for Greenlight games.

Also, incase you guys haven't noticed, the game is supposed to be Gameboy-esque.
Hence shift and x being the main buttons like A and B, and the arrow keys being the D-pad.
The color palettes look gameboy-y too.

Played it, It was fun, but I felt like the character moves a bit too fast, I died a lot of times because I couldn't be precise enough with my jumps. or it might just be the size of my monitor, not sure.

This game runs perfectly fine under Wine, no laggy controls or anything of the sort. Dang.

Played it, It was fun, but I felt like the character moves a bit too fast, I died a lot of times because I couldn't be precise enough with my jumps. or it might just be the size of my monitor, not sure.
i had this problem because I couldn't help myself but hold the z button to run :P

i had this problem because I couldn't help myself but hold the z button to run :P

That too.

How many hipster handicaps have been there posting stuff about "Simple but fuun!!!!!" "Simplicity isn't bad!"
and stuff?

simplicity isn't bad

why do you think complexity is required for something to be fun

platformers are typically simplistic but are given depth and interest through the use of clever level design (which doesn't remove from the simplicity, it just causes you to apply the simple mechanics you know differently), and this captures that spirit very well

incidentally too much complexity could cause the game to be a clusterforget. i mean, if you were required to have an intricate knowledge of every key on your keyboard and the various functions they all performed you would never progress in the first place (unless it was a typing game, in which case it flips right back into simplicity)

so basically all the major VG article writers just browse indiegames, play the game for 30 minutes, then write something short about it.
It's not bad in any way, but I just find it funny how they do the same thing.