Poll

How do you want Rykuta to wrap this up?

Finish up with the 12 or so models already made, and release as a public set.
32 (43.8%)
Backtrack and grab a bunch of old models and mix and match with new to release the full 24+ weaponset you guys have been expecting.
36 (49.3%)
Release all finished codes to the public without doing anything to the current set, let the fans sort things out the way they want.
4 (5.5%)
Other, please post.
1 (1.4%)

Total Members Voted: 73

Author Topic: Hells&Khain Weaponry  (Read 208823 times)

its fire and reload....

lol it isnt hard i set default names for a reason

its fire and reload....

lol it isnt hard i set default names for a reason
The bolt for the sniper should have two, for boltback and boltforward?

and reload applies to all other weaponsz?

UPDATE ON CODES:

• Prefs Are Cool! With the fall of RTB comes a slight annoyance to the whole "preferences to customize your experience." Since not very many people will be running RTB anymore (I still do but that's because I enjoy the server manager too much,) and also in the coming months it will not really be a part of any new player's BL experience. So until a substitute is found I will need to invest some time into creating a special preference GUI for the host to use, otherwise the console will do you fine to change values around.
  • Limited ammo The original system fro this has been abandoned but the ghost codes are still there in the files, and the preference is still available to toggle if you want to try your hand at fixing it yourself at release; the reason for this is two fold:
    • 1) I was having some very bizarre issues with the ammo actually saving correctly to the player and being utilized properly, normally this would be the result of the variable name I used being incorrect in different areas, but after extensive checks I found this was not the case; I would find that the values being returned during debugging were positive, while the number that the player actually saw, and the way the weapon behaved, acted as though the variable was 0. I was utterly unable to find any reason for this to occur, and have tried quite a variety of things ranging from simply renaming the variable, to trying a completely different system and running into the same error.
    • 2) The entire idea of limiting player ammo in general seems rather stupid now that I think about it. For the type of game Blockland is, and the way the combat in Blockland tends to play out, having a limited ammunition system in general just doesn't really have any kind of usefulness to it except in situations where the player needs to survive on limited supplies, in which case I would recommend making the weapons harder to obtain.
    • There is hope though, despite this logic I have thought of an entirely new never before attempted way to do the ammo system, in a sort of trippy way that bypasses the need to store values in a way the current system works, and this system is even simpler to apply then the previous, we'll see how that one goes, no spoilers yet though~!
  • Projectile Integration I've been lately working on trying to wrap my head around how to keep these balanced since the initial way my weapons are designed to function is to use raycasts. In order to keep some of the balancing with raycasts (Such as range and damage based on distance) I will need completely new functions to override the way the projectiles are fired in HK, hopefully this will go well, I see no reason why it would not (Torque is a crafty bugger of a scripting language though so, we'll see.)
  • New sounds! We are pleased to announce that we now have a proper array of weapon sounds to replace the stuffty COD effects we have been using (thank the gods right?)

That's all for now, everything else is going smoothly, visit my server to see what I've got so far for guns :D

forget THE GLASS MENAGERIE IM loving SEEING THIS stuff

nvm he didnt start hosting yet lol
« Last Edit: April 01, 2014, 05:06:13 PM by Gumba Jonny »

what if we got someone to tear out the server control thing from rtb?

Lol, my server goes up randomly depending on my mood, soooo, yeah.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2014, 08:48:41 PM by Rykuta »

Tried the guns, pretty much beats all the other weapon packs.

forget COME ON i wanna play with them

um maybe it was an april fools joke

:cookieMonster:

I've still got an annoying issue where the guns themselves don't have pretty enough firing/impact/tracer effects. It's nothing too terrible, but It'd make them feel a lot more fun to use if things were more fabulous.

The bolt for the sniper should have two, for boltback and boltforward?

and reload applies to all other weaponsz?
sorry ryk, you'll have to do with a reload only for now :(

also yeah it does
the animations are usually pump (shotguns) or boltpull (rifles and the rest lol)

i just saw rykuta's server in the serverlist but it went down before i could connect
what is life

we shouldn't let gumba play with them

B)

sorry ryk, you'll have to do with a reload only for now :(

also yeah it does
the animations are usually pump (shotguns) or boltpull (rifles and the rest lol)
Darn, the reason for the separate animations, is that the snipers are single load, aka, open the chamber by pulling the bolt back, then load it with shells, and put the bolt forward. More fancypants Imo.