Poll

How do you want Rykuta to wrap this up?

Finish up with the 12 or so models already made, and release as a public set.
32 (43.8%)
Backtrack and grab a bunch of old models and mix and match with new to release the full 24+ weaponset you guys have been expecting.
36 (49.3%)
Release all finished codes to the public without doing anything to the current set, let the fans sort things out the way they want.
4 (5.5%)
Other, please post.
1 (1.4%)

Total Members Voted: 73

Author Topic: Hells&Khain Weaponry  (Read 208787 times)

Just to note, I had that glitch, and it turns out alot of guns with a reload script, like that 50 cal Deagle, conflict and forget stuff up.

good
that should teach people to not mix weapon packs

Can you improve the gun's range?

most guns have ridiculously low range, a Walter PPK can't hit one side of a room in a TDM im making

so basically, I can't do any medium/long range battles with this pack

please help

Pardon me but these have a long range

well maybe you're building too large
and regardless the PPK is meant to be a very short range weapon anyway

Pardon me but these have a long range

2 tiny islands

I can't hit one side of the beach to the other side

thats how low the range is

(I was using the AKS 74u for this test)

good
that should teach people to not mix weapon packs
if anybody sees a guy ingame named Sneak tell him Nitro says "Don't mix weapons cigarette!" he'll understand. He frequents tezunis prison escape and pecons boss battles 

Its probably out of your rendering distance? did you even try it on a person?

In the current public build of HK the weapon ranges are very standardized, since they are strictly raycasting they are required to have a maximum range, for sniper rifles this range is around 400TqU, AR's and rifles have a range of 200TqU, and everything else has around 50-100TqU.

1TqU = 1 Torque Unit ~= 2 Bricks
If you are trying to tell me that your smg isn't hitting something which is effectively 200 bricks away, then you're expecting too much from your gun. However, if you are the crybaby type, you can always just modify the scripts and change the "RaycastWeaponRange" or whatever the magic name is to some number you find acceptable. I would recommend changing the RYG_MinDamange and RYG_MaxFallof (Or similar names) in order to maintain the weapon balance.

Sometimes certain ranges can cause crashes, I can't explain why but at some point I tried using the number 150 for a weapon range and received crashes (Where 250 and 50 both worked just fine). So just guess and check what works.

pst guys what's your favourite gun/combo?

Mines fn fal or ranger+mpssd