Poll

Should the personal account be offered for free?

Yes. I would use it at this point.
31 (46.3%)
Yes, it should.
30 (44.8%)
No. Keep it 3.50.
6 (9%)

Total Members Voted: 67

Author Topic: blockStar - Hosting Administrative Services (Temporarily Locked - Page 24)  (Read 21869 times)

...Do you ever go back sometimes Ephi, and read your own goddamn posts.

...Do you ever go back sometimes Ephi, and read your own goddamn posts.

All the time, they're brilliant. What's your problem?

All the time, they're brilliant. What's your problem?
No. No no, you just brushed off my point.

You said you didn't criticize the service? Really? Ha, I say.

For the record I've not criticised any of the ideas in this thread

Maybe you should be the one going back to read my goddamn posts?

Fine, but aside from that, you are totally wrong for saying you didn't criticize this.

I mean, come on.

Except I never said I didn't criticise the service - again, all I said was that I didn't criticise any of the ideas in the thread and I haven't - do you want to quote a post where I have or are you going to realise that you can't read and get out?

Haha calm down. If Kaphost doesn't have to expand because it does it's job (the reliable part is up for debate) then why are you working so hard to expand Kaphost to match RTB's features? This logic does not compute!!!
I don't understand, do you understand? Your logic states that so long as something does its "job" and people are happy therewith, it does not need further expansion. I'm expanding Kaphost because I don't follow your logic, just as how you're not following your own logic by attempting to offer a better service.

You certainly criticized ideas; there is nothing wrong with that. The problem is that you avoided discussing the positive aspects, as I so carefully did because I care about the community, unlike you. You insulted, derrogated the OP and suggested that he quit the project on the basis that the bad and good ideas are indivisible.

I don't understand, do you understand? Your logic states that so long as something does its "job" and people are happy therewith, it does not need further expansion.
In your haste to get a one up you missed some crucial words, let me requote for your benefit:

Yeah RTB provides a simple free server controls feature that allows people to change basic settings for their server.
It does it's job as a simple and basic management tool, it never claims to be anything but.

You certainly criticized ideas; there is nothing wrong with that. The problem is that you avoided discussing the positive aspects, as I so carefully did because I care about the community, unlike you. You insulted, derrogated the OP and suggested that he quit the project on the basis that the bad and good ideas are indivisible.

I think you're just reading what you want to read at this point lol.

I've only been here for 10 years providing an awesome service for free which I pay a substantial amount for every month. Man I sure don't give any forgets about the community!! I'm amazed that you can consistently stuff out such backwards logic wherever you go - I think we've just found the only thing you're talented at.

I'm beginning to consider this. I may offer the personal package at no charge. However, it will strictly be limited to personal use, and professional will still cost (as it should). I would need more than one opinion on this, however.

What's the point of even having the interface on a remote webserver? Surely if you hosted it via Blockland using something like the Torque Webserver resource by Truce it'd be a way more effective way of interfacing with the server. I know from my experience that getting a remote interface to work well with a server takes a lot of work and has a lot of drawbacks. That way there's no cost to you either.

I think you're just reading what you want to read at this point lol.

I've only been here for 10 years providing an awesome service for free which I pay a substantial amount for every month. Man I sure don't give any forgets about the community!! I'm amazed that you can consistently stuff out such backwards logic wherever you go - I think we've just found the only thing you're talented at.
I'm glad you're willing to spend money for a community service, but that says nothing about motive because it does not always clearly define motive for its creation and upkeep. I couldn't easily determine your motive for RTB itself; it may be for your ego or it could be a good cause. Something that says a lot about your care for the community and game is your clear opposition and hostility towards everything innovative that dares reach or exceed the usefulness of RTB. Someone who cares about the community and game does not oppose its development and expansion.

I'm glad you're willing to spend money for a community service, but that says nothing about motive because it does not always clearly define motive for its creation and upkeep. I couldn't easily determine your motive for RTB itself; it may be for your ego or it could be a good cause. Something that says a lot about your care for the community and game is your clear opposition and hostility towards everything innovative that dares reach or exceed the usefulness of RTB. Someone who cares about the community and game does not oppose its development and expansion.
I'd say pouring thousands of hours into continued development over the years would be a pretty good indicator of community service. What quality products have you released for the community? Oh yeah that clock, sure did impress me!

What's the point of even having the interface on a remote webserver? Surely if you hosted it via Blockland using something like the Torque Webserver resource by Truce it'd be a way more effective way of interfacing with the server. I know from my experience that getting a remote interface to work well with a server takes a lot of work and has a lot of drawbacks. That way there's no cost to you either.
It's just my preference to have it on the JS server. Even if your server is down, you can restart it. Plus, there would be a "my server crashed and I'm on a plane somewhere over the Atlantic Ocean stuff." issue. Then you have to deal with port forwarding. I already own the JS Web Server, so I don't mind using it.

Why must every thread get totally offtopic and end in a useless argument?

Why must every thread about a hosting service or something else that has to do with hosting get totally offtopic and end in a useless argument?
Fixed