Poll

Should the personal account be offered for free?

Yes. I would use it at this point.
31 (46.3%)
Yes, it should.
30 (44.8%)
No. Keep it 3.50.
6 (9%)

Total Members Voted: 67

Author Topic: blockStar - Hosting Administrative Services (Temporarily Locked - Page 24)  (Read 21780 times)

"Required for clans of 3+ members". What.

"Required for clans of 3+ members". What.
A clan that has 3 or more members and wants to use blockStar has to use the Clan Package. That's pretty simple of a concept.

A clan that has 3 or more members and wants to use blockStar has to use the Clan Package. That's pretty simple of a concept.
Or they just get the personal package

I think this project is way too complicated for what it actually needs to be, I don't think it'll get far unless you rethink your strategy.

Or they just get the personal package
Personal Package is not built for clans, I assure you.

blockStar is extremely simple. You get a free server manager, and you're done. If you're a clan, you get the clan package. If you host servers, you get the professional package. How is this complicated?

Blockstar is handicapped then. If you make people pay for such a simple clan, you are handicapped and are obviously just trying to find stupid ways to take money from people.

I think this project is way too complicated for what it actually needs to be, I don't think it'll get far unless you rethink your strategy.

To be honest, this really isn't complex at all..

Blockstar is handicapped then. If you make people pay for such a simple clan, you are handicapped and are obviously just trying to find stupid ways to take money from people.

You're calling blockStar too complicated because  it has 3 plans. Then you call me handicapped because you don't want to pay, and instead of making a suggestion, you whine and bitch about how you don't want to pay for a clan. Note how I said "unofficial" list.

Once you become an adult you will learn that's how the real world works and if you don't like it, don't buy it.

I still think it's kind of seedy you're trying to turn a profit from the community. It doesn't cost 50c per server for you - this is the kind of thing Blockland should absolutely have for free.

If you actually release this and it costs money I'll definitely put the work in or help other people to provide a free alternative.

Once you become an adult you will learn that's how the real world works and if you don't like it, don't buy it.
Guess what? Its a loving lego based game. Not the real world.

You're calling blockStar too complicated because  it has 3 plans. Then you call me handicapped because you don't want to pay, and instead of making a suggestion, you whine and bitch about how you don't want to pay for a clan. Note how I said "unofficial" list.
People are not going to pay for something as simple as this. If you cared about the community it would be free. Instead, you use it to make a buck for yourself.

I still think it's kind of seedy you're trying to turn a profit from the community. It doesn't cost 50c per server for you - this is the kind of thing Blockland should absolutely have for free.

If you actually release this and it costs money I'll definitely put the work in or help other people to provide a free alternative.
Please do. :)

Glass, shut the forget up. Look at Ephialtes' suggestion. It's formal and not personally attacking me at all.  Im very open to suggestions, but ignore idiots. Clan package is scrapped. I am going to request a 1 time payment of 0.75 cents if you want the shared management. You'll have 2 servers, and it's a .75 cents one time for additional servers. That is WELL more than fair. I'm not making money with that, and it helps with hosting.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 11:41:06 AM by Jeep »

Well now it's just so cheap you're going to get like 50c after PayPal fees and it's just a hassle to use paypal just for a 75c payment. There's really no point charging anything when you're talking about fees that low. 50c from like 20 people is going to get you like $10 so it's basically worthless to you too.

Glass, shut the forget up.
Someones pissy.

Look at Ephialtes' suggestion. It's formal and not personally attacking me at all.
Nostuff.

I'm not making money with that, an it helps with hosting.
Helps with hosting? Ok. This should still be free. If you can't afford the hosting you shouldn't be doing this. I mean, Look at Ephialtes. He has bought multiple servers and web servers for RTB yet, the service is free (Other than RTB Hosting division). My point being, It's a generous service to the community, You are just trying to make some cash.

Someones pissy.
Nostuff.
Helps with hosting? Ok. This should still be free. If you can't afford the hosting you shouldn't be doing this. I mean, Look at Ephialtes. He has bought multiple servers and web servers for RTB yet, the service is free (Other than RTB Hosting division). My point being, It's a generous service to the community, You are just trying to make some cash.

Are you just mad you didn't think of it first?