Author Topic: Nasoa's Kart Racing [v2]  (Read 33959 times)

have you considered modifying this track so it works on laps? that's what racing events are for...

have you considered modifying this track so it works on laps? that's what racing events are for...
this

Nope. Racing events don't have "lap trackers", so if a lap lasts longer than ten seconds you can just drive backward over the lap marker and win that way.

Nope. Racing events don't have "lap trackers", so if a lap lasts longer than ten seconds you can just drive backward over the lap marker and win that way.

Checkpoints!

have you heard of toggleeventenabled? it's also easy to ban players who glitch the stuff out of the server.

Checkpoints!
Does it have that?
have you heard of toggleeventenabled? it's also easy to ban players who glitch the stuff out of the server.
It could only turn off the lap count once EVERY PLAYER had crossed it. It wouldn't be able to turn it off instantly, and when if at all it turned back on, it would still be cheatable. that, and there arent enough admins for that.

Maybe with other tracks, but enough people die on the current one it would be boring. The racing events are for a timer on this track.

don't need more

I seriously need one of the admins to event the slider.

I don't feel very motivated to update an empty server, especially when everyone swarms to an outdated version of the same server with the wrong colorset, too steep ramps, and a few extra colors and karts.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 04:17:48 PM by Nasoa »

don't need more

I seriously need one of the admins to event the slider.

I don't feel very motivated to update an empty server, especially when everyone swarms to an outdated version of the same server with the wrong colorset, too steep ramps, and a few extra colors and karts.
We all swarm there because Badspot. If you want to send him  an updated version of the save to use instead, you might be able to get him to update that.

Badspot is working on a new gamemode, isn't he?

Build cycle is working now to some extent, for now it just has the regular and kickflow's track alternating every 3 rounds. Modifying the build while the server is running will not work, though because changes do not save.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 03:06:46 PM by Nasoa »

Maybe with other tracks, but enough people die on the current one it would be boring. The racing events are for a timer on this track.
That's why you don't make falling of the track kill you. You could use this to respawn players back on the track: http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=219105.0

That's why you don't make falling of the track kill you. You could use this to respawn players back on the track: http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=219105.0
Assuming it works when the player is killed; from what I saw it's just an event.

I thought that wasn't made yet...? I've been following that topic, because a recovery system would make it a better karting experience.