[MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments

Poll

x86 Or ARM?

x86
ARM

Author Topic: [MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments  (Read 1310016 times)

wait stuff i read the wrong part nvm ignore that

Hell 16 gigs is even a bit much, but at least its not 32

yeah i got 16 so i can be infinitely future proof (for ddr3)
but 8 is even more then any gamer will ever need.

Quick guys, I need help. I can't decide what CPU to use for my soon-to-be-rig. Either I go for an AMD FX-4350 4.2GHz Quad-Core, or go for one of the Intel CPU's. But if I go for an Intel CPU, which one matches this CPU's performance?

with your current gpu you'd be better off with an intel
you also dont need windows ultimate (unless you need something only in it), home premium is fine
Thanks.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 07:32:51 PM by AtlasBlue »

with your current gpu you'd be better off with an intel
you also dont need windows ultimate (unless you need something only in it), home premium is fine

There is a use for more than 16 gigs of RAM, believe it or not.
I use 16 of my 24 for a RAMDisk for my Minecraft server and Fraps recordings.

Can never have enough RAM it seems.

Quick guys, I need help. I can't decide what CPU to use for my soon-to-be-rig. Either I go for an AMD FX-4350 4.2GHz Quad-Core, or go for one of the Intel CPU's. But if I go for an Intel CPU, which one matches this CPU's performance?
Thanks.
not related to what youre asking but 1000w is a little much dont you think

also, caviar greens are pretty slow

not related to what youre asking but 1000w is a little much dont you think

also, caviar greens are pretty slow
Yeah, 1000W is way too much for that build.

Thanks.
Your build is rather unbalanced. I did a bit of a better build, and it's cheaper. You could use that extra money to upgrade to an i7, or try to find a better GPU in the $400 range to stay within your budget.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/P4jtkL

Other people, feel free to comment or change things, I'm sure I did something wrong here.

Your build is rather unbalanced. I did a bit of a better build, and it's cheaper. You could use that extra money to upgrade to an i7, or try to find a better GPU in the $400 range to stay within your budget.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/P4jtkL

Other people, feel free to comment or change things, I'm sure I did something wrong here.
Use 2 sticks of 4GB RAM instead of 1 stick of 8GB.

yes. always use 2 sticks of any size ddr3, to get the dual channel.
(and 4 sticks of any size now for ddr4/ quad channel)

Oh yah, that makes sense