Poll

x86 Or ARM?

x86
ARM

Author Topic: [MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments  (Read 1310740 times)

Does anyone know why my laptop doesn't perform as well when unplugged from the charger? I was playing blockland today getting around 60fps with max shaders then I unplugged the charger because the battery was at 100% and got 20-30fps. I plugged it back in and it immediately went back up to 60fps. What's up with that?

Lenovos Y series will disable SLI automatically to reduce powerdraw and as well under clocks the processor again to save power. My Y500 does this.

Are those features in any way related to Windows' Power Saving features or is it laptop-related?

A computers power is directly related the the amount of voltage that can be pumped into the parts.
No battery will ever be good enough.

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/PortedOasis/saved/fhdG3C

Ordering everything today. Am I going to need anything else, build wise?

Also, since the gpu I ordered might arrive a bit later, I can test parts without it right? Just build the entire thing without the gpu installed, turn it on, and see what happens?
« Last Edit: September 27, 2014, 02:59:33 PM by Oasis »

Yah, you can do that. You didn't really need to buy the thermal paste, but w/e.

Yah, you can do that. You didn't really need to buy the thermal paste, but w/e.
Wait why not?

I would have eventually, I'm planning on liquid cooling the cpu and gpu.

Wait why not?

I would have eventually, I'm planning on liquid cooling the cpu and gpu.
Oh, ok.

Stock CPU coolers almost always have pre applied thermal paste.

Aio coolers have the stuff preapplied so it's ultra fast Nd easy to toss together.
At least once

Aio coolers have the stuff preapplied so it's ultra fast Nd easy to toss together.
At least once
Lets say a CPU was used for a few minutes, then it and it's cooler were put back in the box. Would I need to reapply thermal paste to it to use it again?

Oh, ok.

Stock CPU coolers almost always have pre applied thermal paste.
Ah, didn't know that.

Lets say a CPU was used for a few minutes, then it and it's cooler were put back in the box. Would I need to reapply thermal paste to it to use it again?

Yes

technically yes because you want enough, and it may have been left behind on the cooler.
but it wouldnt be dried up or anything XD

technically yes because you want enough, and it may have been left behind on the cooler.
but it wouldnt be dried up or anything XD

It's about air bubbles, not thickness or consistency IIRC

i always put on to much. and have to clean it up when it squeezes out.
but i use all sorts of after market stuff and never know how tight its going to be