Poll

x86 Or ARM?

x86
ARM

Author Topic: [MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments  (Read 1309933 times)

yeah one that that bothers me most about 8 is that, windowsRT is supposed to be the mobile version of windows for touch devices. while 8 is a legit desktop operating system.
but how many people have or will be getting touch screen monitors? they had very high expectations.

I was under the impression 8 was geared towards touch screens with all that live tile nonsense
idk. it works great with a mouse though. and it looks a LOT better than windows 7 did
it's different. so you'll have to get used to it. but that will take like ten minutes, or an hour at most. if you really don't like the start screen, you could always get Classic Shell, but I tried that just a few days after I started using 8, and I didn't like it as much as the default start screen

Alright thanks, I guess I'll go see what it's all about

Anyone wanting to buy the EVGA version of 970? If so, you might want to hold off for a while: http://www.eteknix.com/evga-gtx-970-feature-manufacturing-defect/
This is a pretty big issue I'd assume. Kinda threw my whole plan up in the air.

why are they calling evga trash. its just a silly miscalculation

why are they calling evga trash. its just a silly miscalculation
You don't leave a silly miscalculation in a manufactured mass-produced product. They are supposed to test it thoroughly to fix all glaring issues before going to mass production. Now they have to possibly recall thousands of units.

its pretty easy to miss something like that because its hidden away

anyway it doesnt seem like the card had temperature issues

haha when i first saw it it triggered in my brain that it had to be intentional and make some sense. but im not experienced with gpu cooling and i also wasnt about to go calling evga noobs after so many years of gpu experience

you can see the pipe sizes too. the third one on the right is smaller than the two on the left

Quick question. Probably ordering all my parts this weekend, and I was going to stick them in my current case and wait for Christmas or whenever to get the actual case I want.

Is that going to be rather difficult to transfer everything over to a new case? Would it be easier to just get the case now and build it up inside?

Edit: Nevermind me buying it all this weekend, the god damn EVGA card I was going to get that was supposed to be re-stocked today went out of stock again.

Ok, now I have no idea which GTX 970 to buy.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 04:49:15 PM by Oasis »

Man for once everything is perfect

I had no problem at all starting it up, Win8 is such a big and wonderful change from Vista, and I played Borderlands 2 and Fallout NV on max settings in beautiful 1080p last night, though I am a little disappointed that this keyboard is so loud

Thanks to everyone who helped me out

Man for once everything is perfect

I had no problem at all starting it up, Win8 is such a big and wonderful change from Vista, and I played Borderlands 2 and Fallout NV on max settings in beautiful 1080p last night, though I am a little disappointed that this keyboard is so loud

Thanks to everyone who helped me out
Jesus, Vista?

Hope you have fun.

Jesus, Vista?

Hope you have fun.

It was the newest Windows OS at the time and I never cared enough to upgrade

Ok, seriously, forget me.

In preparation to actually order this stuff I spend too much time online reading reviews on it, and I basically get buyers remorse before even buying the god damn thing. I was going to go for the EVGA GTX 970 Superclocked with ACX 2.0 cooling, but as its out of stock pretty much everywhere I've been reading stuff about it having coil whine and not cooling as-well as Asus or Gigabyte brands while still producing more sound.

Has anyone here actually bought a 970 yet?

i need to vent. this seems like a good place

DO NOT BUY FROM ASUS

I bought a laptop from them last June. Since then, it has thrice broken down, once for a bad hard drive, twice for the monitor dying (TWICE!) Once it died literally the day after I had gotten it back in the mail. These were not caused by dropping or damaging my laptop; I took very good care of it.

After those 3 they sent me a replacement. Today I learned it's a lower resolution than the one I originally bought. (1366*768 vs 1920*1080) It's loving bullstuff. Their customer service was understanding, but I'm tired of this loving garbage build quality and sending away my laptop for weeks and weeks.  I just want a stable reliable laptop and I've been without my laptop for probably 3 months time total.