[MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments

Poll

x86 Or ARM?

x86
ARM

Author Topic: [MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments  (Read 1311465 times)

When i got my videocard I got asus because it matched my color scheme and was one of the cheapest cards available. Still with i got an EVGA card because 2 weeks later the 900 series came out, and EVGA has that upgrade thing IIRC

i didn't really care for the aesthetic as long as the card was black and not horribly gaudy so i just went with a basic evga for my build

Ffs

If anyone can get ahold of an evga 980ti hybrid,
Grab it for me. Ill pay you 850 for it

jesus christ how the hell do you guys get all the funds to get all this hardware

Have a job and dont have a gf/wife/kids

Its unbelievable how much expendable income you gain when 100% of money is spent on yourself xd

didnt realize it was huge as hell lol
« Last Edit: June 18, 2015, 01:19:04 PM by SquartleTurtle »

jesus christ how the hell do you guys get all the funds to get all this hardware
my dad paid for part of my build with the tax returns or whatever. my portion of it was paid with some winnings from a state competition.

Have a job and dont have a gf/wife/kids

Its unbelievable how much expendable income you gain when 100% of money is spent on yourself xd
this proly helps some people

Ffs

If anyone can get ahold of an evga 980ti hybrid,
Grab it for me. Ill pay you 850 for it

There are some that are due for tomorrow on scan.co.uk that you could order yourself, however that's £640 which is more like $940~. You'd also need to know someone in the UK who you trust to mail it to you.

Edit: Overclockers.co.uk will have some in stock on the 26th for the same price and they offer delivery via international courier through DHL
« Last Edit: June 18, 2015, 02:58:22 PM by Tokthree »

Anyone have any ideas on what material I could use to encase a laptop lcd and the lcd controller I bought, to make a portable external monitor?

I'm a bit curious about my processor. It was an i5-2520M advertised as being 2.5GHz with a turbo freuqency up to 3.2GHz, but in Linux it's constantly going above 2.5GHz. Everything reports it as being 3.2GHz stock.

Even on battery it's reported as being 3.2, and I'm pretty certain it's decreasing battery life. Is there any tools/etc. to keep 3.2 on AC power, but reduce it back to stock 2.5 on battery?

Ou gp into your windows power settings and set it to custom, bd dobt let the computer decide when you use the power.

But a real user who cares about performance, wouldnt ever be running it on battery...

I care about both performance and battery... that's why I was asking...
I'll just google around

EDIT: found what I was wanting
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/TLP
http://linrunner.de/en/tlp/docs/tlp-configuration.html
« Last Edit: June 18, 2015, 04:41:14 PM by TheBlackParrot »

« Last Edit: June 18, 2015, 06:42:04 PM by Ocelotus »

Found a site that i could preorder a 980ti hybrid. Im qued 41st.
Not bad.

Cost me 840 bucks

Looking for a new mouse, mine just stuff the bed and while it was pretty good, I'm not quite sure if I should get it again or not.

So which mouse does everyone use? Here's my old one, lasted a decent 2 years of heavy use. Wasn't a huge fan of the LEDs, but whatever.