Poll

x86 Or ARM?

x86
ARM

Author Topic: [MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments  (Read 1311321 times)

Even so, an i5 isn't much more expensive since socket 1150 motherboards are very cheap compared to AM3+, and even with the 760 you're not going to use more than 350 watts even in a  worst case scenario.

i do currently have a 600 watt psu, but i'm afraid it's so cheap it may blow up or some stuff.

Currently looking for a good monitor for gaming. Problem is that I have no clue what I'm doing when it comes to monitors. I have the basics of what I want though.

Resolution: 1920x1080
Refresh Rate: no clue, isn't 60Hz good for gaming?
Aspect ratio: 16:9, maybe 16:10
Size: 25" to 27"
Price: Anything under $500

if you can run games at a consistent 120+ fps then a 144hz monitor might be worth it but they're also very expensive, a decent 60hz 27" monitor isn't going to be more than $200
i'm most likely gonna get a powerful gpu like a gtx 760 later. but i mentioned fx becasue i'm on a budget, and i don't think it's a good investment to throw 50% of the cash into a processor.
well it kinda is, and idk why you're rambling about a dying motherboard because it's fine for what you're going to be using it for

Is this a good build?

I already have the CPU cooler, RAM, hard drive and power supply

Don't need a 750w PSU, a 550w would be fine for any single-card build

Don't need a 750w PSU, a 550w would be fine for any single-card build
I already have the PSU

Is this a good build?

I already have the CPU cooler, RAM, hard drive and power supply
The RAM compatible with the motherboard?

The RAM compatible with the motherboard?
The compatibility notes dont mention it, so I guess so

The compatibility notes dont mention it, so I guess so
Oh wow, didn't even notice you had the RAM on there. Sorry about that. :P

so i've been decided to make a good gaming pc for my friend, and building it for him.

his budget is 800 dollars, so what do you think about this list i made?

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/YWc4Q7

so i've been decided to make a good gaming pc for my friend, and building it for him.

his budget is 800 dollars, so what do you think about this list i made?

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/YWc4Q7
Why don't you upgrade to an i5 4690K instead? And how about a 2TB HDD if you aren't going to get a SSD?

Why don't you upgrade to an i5 4690K instead? And how about a 2TB HDD if you aren't going to get a SSD?

i did go with the 4690k at first, but then i thought this would do the just same, and save a bit of money. also, 1 TB is definitely enough space.

i did go with the 4690k at first, but then i thought this would do the just same, and save a bit of money. also, 1 TB is definitely enough space.
Then how about investing in a CPU cooler? A CM Hyper 212 EVO would do just fine.

Then how about investing in a CPU cooler? A CM Hyper 212 EVO would do just fine.

he's not going to be doing any overclocking. it's fine

he's not going to be doing any overclocking. it's fine
Well go for it then mate.