[MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments

Poll

x86 Or ARM?

x86
ARM

Author Topic: [MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments  (Read 1311355 times)

I was more hoping for a gaming upgrade.
gtx 750ti(?)
or maybe an amd card because you're on a tight budget

The 950 Ti is probably just around the corner.

i'm gonna assume that the a8 he has would bottleneck a 750 ti

The 950 Ti is probably just around the corner.

well when it was new it ran at about 240 bucks for the sc model.
now about 130.

you can get a 960-4g right now for 220.
if there was a 950ti and it came out right now, it would be at least 200

Here's an upgrade that's free: remove the dedicated video card and use the integrated one instead. No, I'm not joking, it's actually faster.

Here's an upgrade that's free: remove the dedicated video card and use the integrated one instead. No, I'm not joking, it's actually faster.
he's also using 2 monitors

I decided to go with a gtx 750 (non ti), it meets my expectations and is dirt cheap, price varies though depending on manufacturer and if its a ti, or a SC or FTW Edition, though usually from 99$ to 250$.

So far I am extremely satisfied, it literally slaughters my old HD 6670.

Anybody here seen the HP z840 workstation? That stuffs pretty nice. Can have up to 3 terabytes of RAM.

my boot time with a hard drive is around 20-25 seconds :/
My boot time with an SSD is 2 seconds excluding the bios POST.

So I've just sold my Windforce GTX 770 on Ebay for $150 and now have approx. $400 to spend on a new GPU. I'm guessing I should get a GTX 970. Any thoughts?

just ordered
x1 http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00AEGRGNO?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00
and
x4 http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00650P2ZC?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

noctua seller has some great deals right now. all limited though. buy em up

Dunno if its just me, but i think that noctua fans are just so damn ugly. Do they offer any fans at that quality in different colors?

Dunno if its just me, but i think that noctua fans are just so damn ugly. Do they offer any fans at that quality in different colors?
i agree with you, i was gonna get some for my build but their coolers were just so ugly looking

So I've just sold my Windforce GTX 770 on Ebay for $150 and now have approx. $400 to spend on a new GPU. I'm guessing I should get a GTX 970. Any thoughts?
yes.

My boot time on PC1 is ~2 minutes, including the POST and floppy seek.
On PC2 is ~7 seconds including POST, HDD.
On laptop, ~1 second, including POST, SSD. It's hard to enter the setup screen because it boots amazingly fast.