Poll

x86 Or ARM?

x86
ARM

Author Topic: [MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments  (Read 1332298 times)

http://blogs.windows.com/bloggingwindows/2015/06/19/upcoming-changes-to-windows-10-insider-preview-builds/

- Insider windows users will be able to remain using windows 10 for free as long as they don't upgrade to stable and you keep updating your version to the newest beta to refresh your license.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 09:18:24 PM by tails »

Having a bit of fun with my temporary GPU while my GTX 970 is on the way.
Bloody murder.

Only thing  to remember when using a Surface [Pro] 3 is the 3:2 aspect ratio, which might make watching videos kinda weird, but other than that, that's what the Surface is great for. I've heard that it simply doesn't compare to a regular laptop for note taking.
Eh, I've been wanting a tablet for a while, even if note taking is sub par, I'll make it work. Thanks. :)

I'm looking to get a bigger case for my comp. Should I even bother with the cases that have a stuff ton of fans or would one(or none) fan be good enough? since I'll be getting a water cooling thing.

Also why are mid towers like $30-50 and full towers are $100+
« Last Edit: June 24, 2015, 08:51:10 AM by sorrel »

I'm looking to get a bigger case for my comp. Should I even bother with the cases that have a stuff ton of fans or would one(or none) fan be good enough? since I'll be getting a water cooling thing.

I think 4 or 5 should be good enough for full towers.

Full towers are bigger and they usually host more features/slots.
Materials cost money; shocker.

I think 4 or 5 should be good enough for full towers.
i've got three 200mm fans on my case (front, top, rear), should i invest in more?

Still ahouldnt spend less then 80 bucks on a mid. I spend minimum 120 on mid.

Full i expect starting at 150.

You dobt want stuff

i've got three 200mm fans on my case (front, top, rear), should i invest in more?
you can never have enough fans.

seriously though, 3 x 200mm fans is enough, jesus.

you can never have enough fans.

seriously though, 3 x 200mm fans is enough, jesus.
wel these three came with the case. these are close to my usual idle temps:

(i've been too lazy to fix what my RAM reads as, it should be ddr4 2133)

i really need to get 16 gigs of ram. if i'm playing gtav and i have chrome open i get an out of memory error pretty fast

i really need to get 16 gigs of ram. if i'm playing gtav and i have chrome open i get an out of memory error pretty fast
life is beautiful with it. i don't know how i ever lived with only 4gb, i usually idle at close to 5gb used

>temperatures in fahrenheit
i think im gonna be sick

anyway those idol temperatures are good, however 200mm fans are typically louder. what case do you have?

had help, but here ya good

BUILD (has everything in it): http://pcpartpicker.com/p/HYPk3C

NOT SPENT ON COMPUTER: $640
NOT SPENT ON EXTRA'S: $300
TOTAL NOT SPENT: $940
TOTAL SPENT: $290
TOTAL: $1,230

this is a rough estimate so i will have enough mula to buy stuff
i've been thinking for awhile, but i gotta ask guys, do you think my cpu fan will fit in my case?

>temperatures in fahrenheit
i think im gonna be sick

anyway those idol temperatures are good, however 200mm fans are typically louder. what case do you have?
i have a hard time grasping how hot celcius really is so i prefer fahrenheir

i was under the impression that larger fans were quieter because they didn't have to spin so fast. i have a nzxt phantom 630 windowed