Poll

x86 Or ARM?

x86
ARM

Author Topic: [MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments  (Read 1324686 times)

Mack, your basement setup is totally win.

too bad he's moving it today.

assuming you've still got the same celeron processor
you won't be able to run skyrim, even if you update your video card
I'm trying to run it better at ultra, I can run it fine on high, but ultra gives me 1FPS, and TBH, it looks kind of gross at high.

Yeah, I know, "IT'S THE GAMEPLAY THAT MJATERS NOT THE GRPAHICS"

I'm trying to run it better at ultra, I can run it fine on high, but ultra gives me 1FPS, and TBH, it looks kind of gross at high.

Yeah, I know, "IT'S THE GAMEPLAY THAT MJATERS NOT THE GRPAHICS"
I think be means your CPU can't handel it...

I think be means your CPU can't handel it...
Oh, we'll I'd there some CPU thats better and works with a LGA775 socket that's better than the one I've got?

Oh, we'll I'd there some CPU thats better and works with a LGA775 socket that's better than the one I've got?

there is a few quads i've seen that fit the socket, but they're hard to find because intel discontinued the socket.

found a good video on USB 3.0 that answered my "why is everyone getting boners" question

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvuGifhoBvY

I'm doing a speach tomarrow in public speaking about the benifits of building a computer yourself (the parts and putting them together) over ordering a premade one, then I have to demonstrate how to put together a computer. Easy enough I suppose, I'm gonna make a powerpoint and I got a computer I can dissamble.

But could any of you guys find some really good examples of computers that cost a lot more preassembled than if you had just put it together yourself?
I'm looking too, but help would be great.

found a good video on USB 3.0 that answered my "why is everyone getting boners" question

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvuGifhoBvY
Well it's good to have now because within a year or so, all new interfaces/cables/etc. will be USB 3.0.

But could any of you guys find some really good examples of computers that cost a lot more preassembled than if you had just put it together yourself?
Alienware desktops.

I'm doing a speach tomarrow in public speaking about the benifits of building a computer yourself (the parts and putting them together) over ordering a premade one, then I have to demonstrate how to put together a computer. Easy enough I suppose, I'm gonna make a powerpoint and I got a computer I can dissamble.

Find some dumb brand like alienware and get the specs on the specific desktop. Match up what it would cost side by side of if you bought the premade, or made your own with the same parts. Then use the leftover money to show what you could improve.

alienwa-

Alienware desktops.

forget

Find some dumb brand like alienware and get the specs on the specific desktop. Match up what it would cost side by side of if you bought the premade, or made your own with the same parts. Then use the leftover money to show what you could improve.
Yes, I was just about to post this. Do this.

You also have to consider what bells and whistles come with the Alienware desktop compared to the one you build. Don't just compare parts.

Alienware computers constantly have that disgusting case, but every model above $800 has an i7.

I think it's safe to assume a 2007 ati card is not going to be close to the power of a 2012 nvidia card, and the people who made the computer probably took that into consideration when they put the psu in it.

Your right, the ATI card probably pulls more power. I don't think you understand the fact that as new cards come out with faster architectures, the lower the power requirements get as well.