Poll

x86 Or ARM?

x86
ARM

Author Topic: [MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments  (Read 1324678 times)

You can save $50 on the CPU if you have a microcenter near by:
http://www.microcenter.com/product/388577/Core_i5_3570K_34GHz_LGA_1155_Processor

Indeed, go to Microcenter, even if it's an hour away. Microcenter is our lord and savior for cpus.

I don't think we have that here in Australia :c

I don't think we have that here in Australia :c
Maybe if you have a friend in America, you could forward them $169 in Paypal, have them buy it and ship it to you. :P

are there any microcenter stores in canada?

Maybe if you have a friend in America, you could forward them $169 in Paypal, have them buy it and ship it to you. :P
I wonder how long that would take
are there any microcenter stores in canada?
A quick Google says no, but I didn't search thoroughly.

I wonder how long that would takeA quick Google says no, but I didn't search thoroughly.
If you hurried, maybe 2 weeks.
I guess for $50 it isn't really worth it.

You also have to consider what bells and whistles come with the Alienware desktop compared to the one you build. Don't just compare parts.
Like?
Alienware computers constantly have that disgusting case, but every model above $800 has an i7.
alienwa-

forget
Find some dumb brand like alienware and get the specs on the specific desktop. Match up what it would cost side by side of if you bought the premade, or made your own with the same parts. Then use the leftover money to show what you could improve.
Alienware desktops.
Okay, alienware seems like a great example, thanks guys.

Anything on the lower end?
I suppose this is a bit harder to find, but I want to show that my 'presentation' could even help someone whose not looking to build the best gaming computer per se, who doesn't know much about computers, and just needs something to like, browse the web and write documents.

Compare buying a mac versus building a pc, that will really hit home I think.
Not sure about a lower end price, but mac's can tend to be on the lower end of hardware.

Compare buying a mac versus building a pc, that will really hit home I think.
Not sure about a lower end price, but mac's can tend to be on the lower end of hardware.
I love their designs for all of Apple's Hardware, but they can invest in better hardware. I also adore OSX. Thats why I build 'Hackintosh's'.

If you want to buy a Mac you should do it only if you also need OSX.

OSX is tailored to run superbly with the hardware combination its given, the specs might not compete with a Windows gaming computer but it doesn't need to.

However if you want a real gaming machine, just don't unless money if no barrier and you can spend $6k entrepreneur ing it.

Canada Computers and Electronics or Memory Express

Do NOT buy it from Canada computers.

1. Overpriced
2. Taxes
3. If something is broken, they won't let you take it back - OR, they will charge you restocking fees (15%)

Just order it online, I regret buying my stuff from CC - I lost $40 from returning my broken monitors.

They charge you 15% of the restocking cost? Wow.

Here's my photoshopped attempt at what I want to do.

2 cards, adding metal backplates as well c: