Poll

x86 Or ARM?

x86
ARM

Author Topic: [MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments  (Read 1331374 times)

No. It's wierd. The monitor doesn't have an hmdi port but I don't have a white cable that would allow me to hook up the monitor to my dedicated GPU. So I use the blue one that is built into the motherboard.
there's your problem.

No. It's wierd. The monitor doesn't have an hmdi port but I don't have a white cable that would allow me to hook up the monitor to my dedicated GPU. So I use the blue one that is built into the motherboard.
This is the problem, pictures of the back of the monitor, GPU and whatever cables came with your monitor please

« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 09:05:51 PM by beachbum111111 »

yeah you're gonna need a dvi cable
but other than that i have no idea

If all else fails, try taking the gpu completely out and plugging in through the motherboard. This was the solution to a similar problem I recently had.

What on earth did you think the GPU was for? Didn't your GPU come with any cables? What ports do you have on your monitor anyways?

You need to buy yourself a DVI-I cable and depending on your monitor you might need a Dvi to vga connector adapter thing

Alright, I will try and get help from you guys,
after being convinced by fawkes I will try once again

(original OP)

I was finishing installing the new PSU (plugging in stuff, etc)
And I ran into a problem.  When I was connecting the disk drive to the motherboard, the PSU stopped working.  The fan wouldn't turn on, wouldn't spin even once, make a noise, nothing.
I disconnected that motherboard wire, and it still did not work.  Disconnected every PSU wire, didn't work.  Tried a different cord, did not work.

I cannot seem to figure out what to do at this point ;~;

PSU: X-Power 585
Motherboard: (from Acer Veriton X275)

PS
I don't want to open it up, as it will void the warranty

EDIT:
I just tried plugging in an old power supply.  It was a weird, one but it came with the motherboard.  After plugging it in, that did not work either.
So now I have no idea what to think.  The motherboard isn't responding to either power supply, and neither will turn on.  I have no idea what is going on.

What on earth did you think the GPU was for? Didn't your GPU come with any cables? What ports do you have on your monitor anyways?

It didn't come with a cable for it. The monitor has the same adapter as the GPU does

Here are a few things to check.
1. All connections are tight
2. Mobo shorting on case
3. cpu fan plugged in
4. Mobo could be fried

Okay so I plugged my computer into the tv with an hdmi into my dedicated graphics card and still no splash screen... Wtf

You may have to consider a DVI to HDMI converter. These can be kind of bulky though because it has to convert the signal.

Okay so I plugged my computer into the tv with an hdmi into my dedicated graphics card and still no splash screen... Wtf

I'm not hugely experienced with motherboards but, I know the ones I've used in the past have little pins that you can put switches on to dictate what to do when it turns on (like go straight to bios, etc, for troubleshooting). Is that worth a shot?

Just tried the paper clip trick, the PSU is working fine… must be the motherboard..

Do you have a dvi-i cable laying around? Also like I said please try and find out what key you have to press to get the set up menu for your motherboard to start.
Just tried the paper clip trick, the PSU is working fine… must be the motherboard..
So the motherboard isn't receiving power from either of the psu's but they both work?

Do you have a dvi-i cable laying around? Also like I said please try and find out what key you have to press to get the set up menu for your motherboard to start.So the motherboard isn't receiving power from either of the psu's but they both work?

So a key on my keyboard? Is it in my motherboard manual?