Poll

x86 Or ARM?

x86
ARM

Author Topic: [MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments  (Read 1328855 times)

Ok my laptop has been doing this weird thing where a error message pops up and 5 seconds after that the computer just turns off. I can't get a pic of the error message but i think a part of it said something like "pcrui.exe" or something similar.
specs:

not enough info. get a picture of the error message

not enough info. get a picture of the error message
my laptop turns off before i can screencap it

my laptop turns off before i can screencap it
use a real camera. or, get super fast at screencapping, opening paint, ctrl v-ing, and saving.
edit: i recommend you get puush, it will take a screencap almost immediately and generate a link. then you can go to your puush history and look at the error

should i buy this? y/n

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00CUCRKO0/?tag=pcp0f-21
If you have a use for it, probably. Not sure exactly how much 90 pounds is in USD, but it's probably somewhere around $110 for a $160 motherboard
If you're on a tight-ish budget, you really wouldn't notice much difference between that one and a $90 motherboard, but it's your choice

If you have a use for it, probably. Not sure exactly how much 90 pounds is in USD, but it's probably somewhere around $110 for a $160 motherboard
If you're on a tight-ish budget, you really wouldn't notice much difference between that one and a $90 motherboard, but it's your choice
what do you mean by if i have a use for it?
its about $140-$150 on pcpartpicker.com
I'm not really on a tight budget, but I'm not gonna splash more than say £140~ on a mobo. I'm also looking at z87x-ud4h one which is about £132~

Is there any major difference in TFT monitors and TN? I know TN is for low response time and high refresh rates but what about TFT?

Is there really a major difference between 2 ms and 5 ms response time and refresh rates between 60 Hz and 144 Hz? If there isn't, why not get a nice IPS panel with better color and viewing angles?

Is there any major difference in TFT monitors and TN? I know TN is for low response time and high refresh rates but what about TFT?

Is there really a major difference between 2 ms and 5 ms response time and refresh rates between 60 Hz and 144 Hz? If there isn't, why not get a nice IPS panel with better color and viewing angles?

Yes there's a pretty big difference between 60Hz and 144Hz. 144 is more than double of 60. Everything will play out smoother in the end. 144FPS is better than 60FPS is it not?

But your eyes can't tell the difference between 2ms and 5ms. Could be just a marketing scheme.

what do you mean by if i have a use for it?
its about $140-$150 on pcpartpicker.com
I'm not really on a tight budget, but I'm not gonna splash more than say £140~ on a mobo. I'm also looking at z87x-ud4h one which is about £132~
I mean if you have a haswell processor lol. I would go with this one if I were you

Yes there's a pretty big difference between 60Hz and 144Hz. 144 is more than double of 60. Everything will play out smoother in the end. 144FPS is better than 60FPS is it not?

But your eyes can't tell the difference between 2ms and 5ms. Could be just a marketing scheme.

What do you say about TN vs TFT? What is the  difference between them?

I mean if you have a haswell processor lol. I would go with this one if I were you
oh lol, yeah I'm gonna buy a i5 4670k when I get paid in the coming days. Lol which do u mean by this one?
Thanks btw

What do you say about TN vs TFT? What is the  difference between them?

TFT is not a specific panel, where TN is.
TN is a form of TFT.

But TN panels are cheaper than ISP/LCD w/e
Also when using it at angles it's pretty bad.

Also I think most monitors out there are TN.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2013, 11:50:51 AM by Blockzillahead »

The human eye cannot distinguish individual frames past 24 constant fps. However, your gpu does not provide a steady stream of frames. Having a monitor with a higher refresh rate eliminates more of the shuddering that occurs when the frames do not line up with your refresh rate. A refresh rate higher than 60 hz is a luxury, although noticeable. Many pro gamers use 144hz monitors because it's another obstacle in the chain of input lag that can be eliminated. If you're content with your current 60hz monitor, don't bother getting one with higher refresh

oh lol, yeah I'm gonna buy a i5 4670k when I get paid in the coming days. Lol which do u mean by this one?
Thanks btw
The one you linked to

TFT is not a specific panel, where TN is.
TN is a form of TFT.

But TN panels are cheaper than ISP/LCD w/e
Also when using it at angles it's pretty bad.

Also I think most monitors out there are TN.

Do you think it would really hurt if I get an IPS with 60 Hz and 5 ms?