[MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments

Poll

x86 Or ARM?

x86
ARM

Author Topic: [MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments  (Read 1311214 times)

actually a pretty respectable difference. dont know why people jack off to the titan when 780 ti is better

Cause it's got a special name so people think it's named that way because it's the very best.

The Titan was better for workstation stuff than the 780 Ti iirc.

But as far as I know that's the only advantage.

Cause it's got a special name so people think it's named that way because it's the very best.

Because at the time it came out it was the best card on the market. The 780 came out later and didn't get as much publicity as the Titan got.

Since the $900 and $1000 builds in OP have 3 out of stocks can anyone suggest a good build for around that price?

Since the $900 and $1000 builds in OP have 3 out of stocks can anyone suggest a good build for around that price?
I'll try to find something when I get home.  Pretty much all the builds in the op are outdated or out of stock.

Because at the time it came out it was the best card on the market. The 780 came out later and didn't get as much publicity as the Titan got.
*780 TI

The Titan was better for workstation stuff than the 780 Ti iirc.

But as far as I know that's the only advantage.
What. We literally just said what it's advantage(s) are on the last page

The 780 wasn't as fast as the titan
It was selling for $650, as a cheaper alternative to the $1k titan that didn't perform as well but had a better price/perform ratio

The 780 ti was released quickly, as a response to the R9 290X and 290, but it is indeed faster than the titan as we've already stated

Okay so I just set my PS3 up with my 27" monitor so I could play my PS3 more (I hate sitting on my bed to be in front of the TV, I prefer to be at my desk) since I just bought GTA 5. So now whenever I want to play with my PS3 I just switch the output to HDMI 1(PS3) and HDMI 2(PC). And since my desk as 3 screens I can simply use the 2 other screens for my PC at the same time.

My PS3 is behind my screens. And my desk has a hole in the back from when people used to use CRT Monitors so the heat from the PS3 just goes out the back.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2AMIn
Something I just whipped up as like a rough draft.  I don't know much about Intel CPUs and socket types though, so I'm giving it my best shot.

Jesus christ, eugh
First try on an Intel build, plus I didn't really put a whole lot of effort into it.  I guess it could be a starting point though.

Alright, so I just a got a 16x16" plexiglass/lexan (I don't remember which) from a friend, I'm gonna make a case window for my computer. I have access to a mill (it's like a gigantic drill press where you can control the position of the item on that's being drilled so you can make designs and make complicated cuts and stuff), so I'm going for a nice clean cut on my side-panel. I still need the rubber stuff to line the cut with though, you guys have any recommendations/know what it's called?

Here's a really good question I have a hard time solving. I currently run Windows 7 Ultimate x64. I have had it now for 2+ years and havnt had network issues. I am able to access the internet and surf the web HOWEVER, my network icon says I am not, and whenever I hover my mouse cursor over it, the balloon pops up saying "Network 3 Internet Access" (this is normal). At first I ignored this seeing as how it didn't effect my abilities to play games or watch videos. Now with the new Steam update, I can't log in because it believes there is no internet because of this. The last change I did to my PC was adding a VPN connection to my PC to allow remote play with my Nvidia Shield. When I did make this connection, it showed up, believing I "messed up" I deleted the connection but it still stuck around. I have no clue what's wrong.
what I have/Done

I HAVE a static IP for hosting reasons
I have a VPN connection
I have disabled un-used connections (Bluetooth adapter for networking, nada)
Delete config file in registry network folder
Update Network adapter
Update Windows

Any help would be greatly appreciated