Poll

x86 Or ARM?

x86
ARM

Author Topic: [MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments  (Read 1311142 times)

What kind of power supply (that I can cheaply get) is recommended for a 770?

Is, say, a Cooler Master AX650W good enough for a 770?

anything above 500w. 650w is overkill. get a cheaper 550w

What kind of power supply (that I can cheaply get) is recommended for a 770?

Is, say, a Cooler Master AX650W good enough for a 770?
I have a 600 watt psu and its fine
what are your current specs?

cover your computer with a blanket? stop using outdated technology to heat your home?
Well, I like using my computer so a blanket would overheat it unless I turn it off, and for the last time we cannot get a electric heater due to the fact that it drives the electric bill way up.

Well, I like using my computer so a blanket would overheat it unless I turn it off, and for the last time we cannot get a electric heater due to the fact that it drives the electric bill way up.
The blanket thing was obviously a joke
If you're that strapped for cash, maybe you should stop spending money on power supplies that are inevitably going to get ruined

The blanket thing was obviously a joke
If you're that strapped for cash, maybe you should stop spending money on power supplies that are inevitably going to get ruined
Well, my warranty covers getting it replaced so I don't have to worry about losing more money. And I'm covered for a couple more years. I got the pc parts when my dad had a good amount of money, he wanted to get it for me as a gift of some sort.

I have a 600 watt psu and its fine
what are your current specs?

iMicro 500W PSU
HIS HD 5770 (getting replaced with GTX 770)
Gigabyte MA-785G-UD3H
AMD Phenom II X4 945 3.0GHz
DDR2 4GB (2 sticks)
Western Digital 1TB Green
Saggita 2 Case

To note, the PSU and Case are also getting replaced to allow the 770 to actually be used.

you should be fine with your current one

you should be fine with your current one

I am also powering a few LED fans, I dont have enough extra molex connectors or the 12V amps to push the 770.

Also, I forgot to mention I have an X-Fi Titanium card from eons ago, which I still use.

My friends dell laptop can't access the internet. It shows that yellow exclamation mark or whatever and says limited connectivity. The only WiFi that lets him access the internet is my moms WiFi. Does anyone have an idea why?

Is it an older dell? I (I should say we) have a dell that's probably from 2008 or older, and it has a big switch on the side that turns off wifi. Maybe he turned that off?

Have any of you guys passmarked your PCs? I just did mine (was interesting to watch what it did), and came up with a score. 1592.

Its an old one but there's no WiFi switch. Also that wouldn't make sense since it connects to the wifi but it gets the yellow exclamation mark and doesn't actually connect to the internet. The only WiFi it can use the internet on it my moms WiFi.

Its an old one but there's no WiFi switch. Also that wouldn't make sense since it connects to the wifi but it gets the yellow exclamation mark and doesn't actually connect to the internet. The only WiFi it can use the internet on it my moms WiFi.
Oh, ok. Then I wouldn't know, unfortunately. :/

Alright, I got ahold of support and am able to replace my PSU because it came with a 3 year warranty, is there anyway I can make a makeshift filter to avoid this from happening again?
There's two solutions.

A. Get a electric heater so you don't die along with your computer.

B. Stop using the computer until spring when it's warm enough to stop using the heater.

That's all you can do, no work around, no alternatives, nothing. Now stop asking how to fix this issue because I just answered it.

There's two solutions.

A. Get a electric heater so you don't die along with your computer.

B. Stop using the computer until spring when it's warm enough to stop using the heater.
This.  If you can't afford the electric bill but you can afford to frequently power a gaming computer then I sense some unorganized priorities.  Some of the other parts on your computer might not have warranty protection (I wouldn't know, just guessing maybe) and the next time it breaks you might have to pay out of pocket.  Not to mention you might be developing some long term health problems because of all that smoke.  You have to ask yourself is it currently worth it to have a computer despite all the other stuff.